The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mercury MerCruiser (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/)
-   -   JR marine (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mercury-mercruiser/11989-jr-marine.html)

zrbart2000 06-04-2018 03:26 PM

JR marine

Has anyone used the Jr marine swivel shaft kit for an Alpha 1 gen 2 mercruiser out drive. Looking for input.

Motoxxx43 06-12-2018 09:50 PM

Re: JR marine

No but I used it for a Bravo 1. I have around 300hrs on the repair with zero issues.

I had a local machine shop weld and mill out the original gimbal ring. Fit like new and is still tight.

I did it back in 2012. I dont remember it being that hard to do.

zrbart2000 06-13-2018 11:56 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go with the jr marine fix. I talked to Ron at JR and he was a big help. Will do it as soon as I get ALL the parts I need as I don't want to be down too long.

zrbart2000 06-13-2018 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go with the jr marine fix. I talked to Ron at JR and he was a big help. Will do it as soon as I get ALL the parts I need as I don't want to be down too long.

Motoxxx43 06-13-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrbart2000 (Post 64644)

When I did it I recall getting all the parts from them.like the stainless steel pin, HD U bolt, ect. It worked great for me. The next option is a new gimbal ring. Those are around $1k...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

zrbart2000 10-27-2018 06:18 PM

I got the parts that Ron recomended from a dealer here in Ontario Canada. His suggestions saved me money since the import duties had changed because of the new president. I hate to say it but I will only buy from the US if the product can be bought and made here in Canada. I'm sorry guys but that's how I feel. Who Knows this may encourage more industries to manufacture more things here.

zrbart2000 10-27-2018 06:24 PM

I got the parts that Ron recomended from a dealer here in Ontario Canada. His suggestions saved me money since the import duties had changed because of the new president. I hate to say it but I will only buy from the US if the product can be bought and made here in Canada. I'm sorry guys but that's how I feel. Who Knows this may encourage more industries to manufacture more things here.

mikeyt 10-30-2018 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrbart2000 (Post 65211)

What dealer did you use here in Ontario? Did you do the machine work yourself or find someone to do it for you?

zrbart2000 08-28-2019 07:43 PM

Hi Mikyt sorry i took so long getting back to you. Got lost with other thing in life and didn't get at the job until this summer. I got the JR swivel shaft and plate from Double r performance in Hawkestone Ontario. Bushings bellows kit pivot pins etc from local mercruiser dealer. This made the boat handle so much better but still need to change the rack and pinion to make it perfect.

Tron 08-30-2019 01:56 AM

I did the JR swivel shaft and plate job this spring on my 97 216 pc talari with alpha one gen 2, to address a leak. Everything went back together and seems to have done the trick.