The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Looking for an original Mariah Monogram Sewing Machine. (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/749-looking-original-mariah-monogram-sewing-machine.html)

WetWilly 02-22-2008 07:20 AM

Looking for an original Mariah Monogram Sewing Machine.

I am looking for an original 1991 - 2002 Mariah Boat Company Monogram Sewing Machine for recreating the Mariah Script on the interior vinyl and carpeting.

Will consider non-working units as well.

Thank you,
WetWilly

Straad 02-28-2008 03:17 PM

we looked at regular sewing machines in a high end shop here with my wife
they are computerised now
you can input any clip art or picture and it will stitch it for you
they are amazing,
i think the one we looked at was $5000

Z 202 02-28-2008 08:23 PM

My wife has a sewing machine made by Husqvarna. I wonder if that would do it?

WetWilly 02-28-2008 11:25 PM

I know there are a lot of programmable Monogram machines out there but it's finding one with the correct "Mariah" font and heavy duty enough to deal with carpet and marine grade vinyl and of course, "affordable".

Hopefully by some stroke of luck we do get a hold of one of the original units, it will be like Plug N Play, just insert carpet or vinyl and sew.

WetWilly

ShabahZ280 02-29-2008 06:13 PM

I'm not sure if they actually had a specific sewing machine that handled all their logo stuff, it was probably some sort of template or molded stitching pattern. I really don't know much about sewing machines, but I'm pretty sure they weren't specifically made to stitch just the Mariah logo. Any embroidery shop should be able to embroider the logo, provided they have a vectorized copy of the logo. The Mariah script is actually a readily available font you can buy online, but the sunburst on top of the "i" isn't part of it. you can contact me for more info on this.

And remember, it's all in the grade of the stitching material. I remember seeing something once that Mariah did all the stitching with the same stuff NASA uses for stitching the astronaut space suits. I'll try and find what the material is called.

However, if we came across one of these machines, that'd be pretty sweet. I'm sure all the original machines are probably in the hands of Sea Fox now, or somebody's grandma in Benton IL has one in their basement. :)

marysins 06-16-2009 10:25 PM

Re: Looking for an original Mariah Monogram Sewing Machine.

Just took a sample off our boat upholstery, that we are replacing, into a shop here and they are sending it in to get us a price on it being digitized. I suppose there are not any copywright issues? Has anyone had this done?
Mary

WetWilly 06-17-2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 4366)
And remember, it's all in the grade of the stitching material. I remember seeing something once that Mariah did all the stitching with the same stuff NASA uses for stitching the astronaut space suits. I'll try and find what the material is called.

Hi ShabahZ250, I remember seeing that too.... The thread used for the interior vinyl was a "synthetic" thread and the thread for the exterior canvas was a "Gortex" thread (used in NASA suit construction), as stated in the 1995 Brochure, Pg 5 & 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marysins (Post 15361)
Just took a sample off our boat upholstery, that we are replacing, into a shop here and they are sending it in to get us a price on it being digitized. I suppose there are not any copywright issues? Has anyone had this done?
Mary

Hi marysins,

I seem to remember one of our members saying they had it done for their seat. For some reason I keep thinking it was MikeyT... :confused:

The SeaFox/Mariah Boat Company owns the copyrights to the Mariah name/Logo/Shields, but I doubt you would be guilty of any copyright violations as your just restoring what you already have and it's not intended for commercial sale and profit.

WetWilly

mikeyt 06-17-2009 10:43 PM

It was me who had the Mariah script sewn into the seat i had re-upholstered. I dont know exactly how she did it but i understood it was hand sewed & they charged me $50.

WetWilly 06-18-2009 06:19 AM

Wow, hand sewn... that's unreal and at $50 for custom embroidery work, that doesn't seem that bad at all.

Would you mind posting a picture or two for us, like one close and one a bit farther back?

Thanks,
WetWilly

mikeyt 06-18-2009 04:32 PM

:snap_shot: Yep....once it stops raining up here. .... okay, so i edited this post and added the pics during a break in the rain. The first 2 pics are of the finished product and 3rd (the bad one) is of the original seat before i had it recovered.