The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Stainless Drink holders (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/274-stainless-drink-holders.html)

dudders 08-30-2007 07:34 AM

Stainless Drink holders

Gidday guys,
My SX18 only has the white plastic drink holders and I would like to upgrade them to the Stainless steel ones. Does any one know where I might be able to get some (about 8) and the cost?
I will need to get them posted to Australia (which is a pain I know).
Cheers
Tony

ShabahZ280 08-30-2007 11:51 AM

Hey Tony, can you post a pic of your current cupholders, and I'll see what I can figure out!

94 Talari 08-30-2007 03:07 PM

The ones in my boat are aluminum, didn't know they had SS ones too.

Of course the aluminum version is for High Performance :D

dudders 08-31-2007 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our boat came with the upgrade package, but the Stainless cup holders werent there (they were supposed to be). We have the white plastic ones. Check out the Mariah web site for more details if you want.
The Ozy dealer has virtually nothing for Mariahs which is a real bummer:(
Any help trying to get these would be fantastic.:)

180diablo 08-31-2007 01:47 PM

Hmmmm I probably have the aluminum ones as 94Talari does. I know they are non removable (for cleaning). I only have four of them.

94 Talari 08-31-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 180diablo (Post 1109)
Hmmmm I probably have the aluminum ones as 94Talari does. I know they are non removable (for cleaning). I only have four of them.

I have at least one that is loose, they are just glued in. The adhesive is under the flange.

mikeyt 09-01-2007 01:20 AM

I've got a spare pair of aluminum ones. I switched mine over to black plastic cuz the boat is white with black trim and the aluminum ones looked kinda silly.

180diablo 09-04-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94 Talari (Post 1112)
I have at least one that is loose, they are just glued in. The adhesive is under the flange.

Yeah thats what I figured they were just glued onto the vinyl.

djmccormick 07-01-2009 10:57 AM

Re: Stainless Drink holders

Any Suggestions as to what type of glue to use?
One of my Aluminum ones came out the other day.

ALso ahve one of the Mariah Decals that came off the Starboard Interior Padding. There is some residue Left on the decal and the vinyl.

I would apprcate anyone's input here.

Thank You
Doug
:wink_thumbup:

WetWilly 07-01-2009 09:09 PM

Re: Stainless Drink holders

Hello Doug,

The cup holders were gluded in with a silicon adhesive. Any good grade silicon adhesive from any hardware store will work, just make sure to clean off the old adhesive before gluing the holder back down. If you want a marine grade adhesive, I recommend either 3M 4000 or 5200 products.

The problem I'm having with an adhesive for your shield is finding one that wont attack the plastic and is clear (most are white, tan or black). I would think any silicon adhesive would work but I'm not sure if they would hurt the coating on the shield. I'm sure a latex caulk would be perfectly safe for the shield but again it comes in white. If the color isn't a problem and the mounting surface is hard (not the vinyl upholstery), go for the Latex caulk, it's safe for plastics and it cleans up with water and unless the shield is going to be under water all the time, the Latex is waterproof enough.

WetWilly