The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Wanted 4 blade Aluminium Prop (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/1429-wanted-4-blade-aluminium-prop.html)

Gary Black 07-11-2008 05:49 AM

Wanted 4 blade Aluminium Prop

Heelo Guys,

Is anyone selling a 4 blade Aluminium prop for a 3 litre Alpha one leg, l have the standard 3 blade on at present that was supplied with the boat, and would like to gain a little more top end speed, I am currently getting about 40mph at full RPM, the rev counter is not working so at present, l am unsure of the revs, this will be repaired next month, any info would be appreciated, the prop needs to be aluminium as the areas l boat in run a lot of shallows.

Thanks very much,

Gary

azboatman 07-12-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Black (Post 8726)
Heelo Guys,

Is anyone selling a 4 blade Aluminium prop for a 3 litre Alpha one leg, l have the standard 3 blade on at present that was supplied with the boat, and would like to gain a little more top end speed, I am currently getting about 40mph at full RPM, the rev counter is not working so at present, l am unsure of the revs, this will be repaired next month, any info would be appreciated, the prop needs to be aluminium as the areas l boat in run a lot of shallows.

Thanks very much,

Gary

Gary...Hi again...I have a four blade aluminum prop (18P). I use it for wakeboarding because it is great at maintaining the lower speeds. As far as top end.....I lost about 5-7 mph. I dont think the four blade was intended for top end. I had more top end with my 3 blade prop (19P)....which I still keep inside my boat (never know).

Maybe someone else can give some advice as well.

Gary Black 07-12-2008 06:59 AM

Thanks Phil,

I am on a learning curve here with the boat, so all the info l get is new to me (and much appreciated) , l will stick with the 3 blade prop on your advice as my boat gets on the plane pretty quickly just now as l installed smart tabs the day l bought it, l have called the yard l store the boat in back home and will get the prop size later today, l will then post it on the site and see if l can get some advice for more top end speed, l would think one size up (or down) should do the trick.

Cheers,

Gary

mikeyt 07-12-2008 03:48 PM

Hi Gary

A 4 blade (or even a 5 blade) prop is intended for more "bite" in the water which should improve your performance at low - mid speed. They are ideal for wakeboarding / skiing etc. 3 blade props are better for general cruising. Usually, moving from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop will also drop your high speed performance.

KSP181 07-15-2008 02:36 AM

I personnal would not run the boat WOT without a tachometer. Too high rpms can ruin a motor pretty quick. Once you get your tach fixed, you can get the right prop to stay within your engine's max rpm range.