The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Mariah Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Mariah Interior (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/mariah-parts-sale-wanted/1232-mariah-interior.html)

arice 06-03-2008 02:23 PM

Mariah Interior

I own a 1997 z 275 shabah with white interior. I need the deck cover and jump seat recoverd. I already have a great interior guy. Does anybody know where original or mariah quality material can be found? I understand there is a coating on this fabric which allows it to be cleaned with acetone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tony

ShabahZ280 06-03-2008 03:18 PM

The fabric is called Nautolex with Prefixx and is manufactured by a company called Omnova Products. Be aware though, Mariah used a fabric weight that was over 3x more thick than all other boat manufacturers, I believe it was 64oz while everyone else was using around 18oz.

I don't think you can purchase it as a consumer, but your local upholstery place should be able to pick it up. Just be aware, it's probably a bit more expensive than standard replacement vinyl, but if you want a true OEM quality, go with the Nautolex with Prefixx.

The Prefixx coating allows it to be cleaned with a mixture of acetone and water, pure acetone is only recommended for very bad stains. There's reading material available on Omnova's website.

Mariah_in_636 06-03-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 7498)
The fabric is called Nautolex with Prefixx and is manufactured by a company called Omnova Products. Be aware though, Mariah used a fabric weight that was over 3x more thick than all other boat manufacturers, I believe it was 64oz while everyone else was using around 18oz.

I don't think you can purchase it as a consumer, but your local upholstery place should be able to pick it up. Just be aware, it's probably a bit more expensive than standard replacement vinyl, but if you want a true OEM quality, go with the Nautolex with Prefixx.

The Prefixx coating allows it to be cleaned with a mixture of acetone and water, pure acetone is only recommended for very bad stains. There's reading material available on Omnova's website.

Thats why I like this site. Where else could you go to get such valuable information for your Mariah so easily? No where!

Shabah, You rock dude!

ShabahZ280 06-03-2008 06:35 PM

Thanks! I'm one of the biggest Mariah geeks around here, but to anyone outside the Mariah Owners Club, I'm full of useless info... :yes_grin:

180diablo 06-03-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 7517)
Thanks! I'm one of the biggest Mariah geeks around here, but to anyone outside the Mariah Owners Club, I'm full of useless info... :yes_grin:

Actually, you would be fun to sit around a campfire with and "tell stories"
:wink_thumbup:

Anyone that is "outside" of the Mariah world .. they are just what GeoCachers define as " muggles " (and harry potter)

hehe