The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New Member - New z276 Owner (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/9729-new-member-new-z276-owner.html)

nhawryschuk 08-13-2014 06:57 PM

New Member - New z276 Owner

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say hi as I am new member and a new owner of a '97 z276. Love it so far!

Thanks!

Nick

ColoradoDiablo 08-13-2014 07:07 PM

Re: New Member - New z276 Owner

Welcome to MOC Nick! :)
How about pics when you get a chance:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 08-13-2014 08:51 PM

Welcome aboard Nick!

nhawryschuk 08-13-2014 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics upon request!!!!!

Mariah1 08-13-2014 10:39 PM

Nice looking Mariah

nhawryschuk 08-14-2014 02:39 PM

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcoming. Any tips or things to look out for? This is my first boat and I want to make sure I am not missing anything. She runs great and has not had any issues except I think my Inverter may be bad. Any ideas on how to test it? Its the heart Freedon 25.

Thanks!!

ShabahZ280 08-18-2014 04:45 PM

Welcome to the board Nick! Good looking boat too! I've got a '99 Z280, which is what they renamed the Z276 to in 1998. If you've got any questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to help.

However, I'm not sure about your inverter. Mine is equipped with a generator, so I don't have an inverter system. You might want to try and get in touch with Hudson River Steve, he's got a Z280 and may be able to shed some light on your inverter question! :wink_thumbup:

nhawryschuk 08-18-2014 05:41 PM

Thanks Chris! I appreaciate the warm welcome. I love this boat! Question on your generator (im new to this size boat) Was the generator factory? And does this mean you have no shore power cable and everything runs through the generator?

Thanks again!

Nick

ShabahZ280 08-18-2014 07:36 PM

Yes, the generator was factory installed. It's a 4kw Kohler with the sound shield. It still has the standard shorepower hookup, which I use for all marina docks, and I use the generator when needed for anchoring & mooring balls as needed. The electrical control panel in the cabin allows you to flip a switch to select which power source you want to use. You can even run the blower and start & stop the generator from the panel.

It's a really nice feature, but for this size boat, it really cramps the engine compartment space. I literally have about 6"-8" of free space on each side of the engine, which makes some maintenance jobs incredibly tough. However, I still love it. :)

Hudson River Steve 08-19-2014 12:41 PM

Nick,
There are a few things to check on your inverter system. Make sure that the battery that feeds the inverter is good and the connections for the battery are clean. I have a single group 4D battery but I have seen others with paralleled group 27 batteries. This system takes a lot of current at full power, over 200A. Make sure that the battery switch in the engine compartment is turned on, make sure that the large 250A fuse (also located in the engine compartment) is good. Lastly, check that the toggle switch on the top of the inverter is turned to on. Let me know how it all works out.
Steve