The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Mid cabin open bow (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/9036-mid-cabin-open-bow.html)

thedoorman 02-07-2014 02:00 PM

Mid cabin open bow

Hello Mariah owners and boat floaters! I am located in middle tennessee and have recently discovered the existence of the mid cabin open bow. I am now on the search for an affordable one. In my research the Mariahs and the old Nordics are my style. They are a bit rare this far South of The west coast, although there is a 275st here locally that is perfect but priced out of my reach. If any one knows of a well maintained mid cabin open bow for sale or trade I am in the Market for one. It is 17 degrees today with snow flurries and I'm dreaming of being on the water.

Thanks,

Thedoorman
just south of Nashville

Motoxxx43 02-07-2014 02:49 PM

Re: Mid cabin open bow

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoorman (Post 50558)
Hello Mariah owners and boat floaters! I am located in middle tennessee and have recently discovered the existence of the mid cabin open bow. I am now on the search for an affordable one. In my research the Mariahs and the old Nordics are my style. They are a bit rare this far South of The west coast, although there is a 275st here locally that is perfect but priced out of my reach. If any one knows of a well maintained mid cabin open bow for sale or trade I am in the Market for one. It is 17 degrees today with snow flurries and I'm dreaming of being on the water.

Thanks,

Thedoorman
just south of Nashville

Try WWW.searchtempest.com
I lurk the internet for all sorts of things and that site has been helpful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mikeyt 02-07-2014 04:02 PM

Welcome aboard! Also have a look thru our own Marketplace.

ColoradoDiablo 02-07-2014 06:20 PM

Welcome to MOC! :)

Oregondunes 02-09-2014 07:57 PM

welcome

knightriderz 02-10-2014 01:09 PM

Good luck on your "quest"!
Welcome!

ShabahZ280 02-10-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoorman (Post 50558)
They are a bit rare this far South of The west coast

Actually, you might be surprised. Mariahs were built in Benton, IL. The majority of their boats were sold in the midwest. They seem to be an incredibly popular boat on the inland lakes, like Lake of the Ozarks.

The Z302 is the flagship of the mid cabin/open bow fleet. It's 30ft long, and has been in production since late 1998. You'll find a lot of these, as they were one of the most popular models until the 2000's came and introduced the Z275ST (27ft) and the Z245ST (25ft) mid cabin/open bows. The Z275 and Z245ST are a little bit more rare, as Mariah were going through troubling times from 2000 up until Mariah closed in May of 2001.

The challenge isn't finding the boat, it's finding one that's affordable. The Z302's get marked up HEAVILY because people misinterpret the NADA values when pricing them for sale. The boats were once priced brand new at close to $100k, yet people still think they're worth this much, even 13-14 years later. Average prices these days seem to be running about $35-$45k. But keep your eyes open! Most people won't be selling right now, but more towards the beginning and end of boating season. Searchtempest, boats.com, yachtworld, boattraderonline, and our forum are all valuable resources!

indykoch 02-19-2014 07:24 PM

While I'd NEVER suggest anything other than a Mariah ;)

Try searching for an Ebbtide 2600 or 2700. It's almost exactly like the Z275. I was looking for years with the same issue of owners thinking its worth much more than it is, but found a much newer Ebbtide for about the same price that I love!

doaclnr 02-25-2014 02:14 AM

2000 MARIAH Z302 FOR SALE

This one isn't too far from ya...

mikeyt 02-25-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indykoch (Post 50759)
While I'd NEVER suggest anything other than a Mariah ;)

Try searching for an Ebbtide 2600 or 2700. It's almost exactly like the Z275. I was looking for years with the same issue of owners thinking its worth much more than it is, but found a much newer Ebbtide for about the same price that I love!

As long as you dont suggest a Bayliner.... :punch_out: ;)