The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Hello from a new menber (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/8869-hello-new-menber.html)

Freckled Trout 10-13-2013 07:01 PM

Hello from a new menber

Howdy all.
Freckled Trout here. I am a new Mariah owner, 1995 Talari Z220. Just wanted to say hi and let ya'll know that as a lifelong boat owner, I thought I knew a fair amount about boats. Well......so much for that. As this is my first I/O, I have many more questions than answers. I hope to find most of the answers in this forum. I will probably be searching for some of these soon, as I want to reprop and possibly retrofit an EFI manifold onto my power train.(Good Idea, Bad idea?) I have a 7.4L with a Bravo I outdrive, which means absolutely nothing to me except it's a big motor with an outdrive mounted on it, lol. Everything on the boat works, and has been fairly well kept up. Motor has roughly 390 hrs on the meter, which I suppose is low by engine standards. I will go through the boat during the coming months to ready it for what I hope to be a great summer of fun in the sun. So...with that being said, hope all goes well and my knowledge base increases exponentially about this craft. Any and all help, answers, or ideas will be muchly appreciated. I will try to post any oddities or unusualities here to share. Trout out.

ColoradoDiablo 10-13-2013 11:15 PM

Re: Hello from a new menber

Welcome to MOC Freckled Trout! :)
Congrats on your new Mariah!
Take a look around and feel free to ask away with any questions. All the members here are a fun loving , very helpful bunch.:yes_grin:
The EFI conversion is a great idea , but might get a little spendy before it's all done. Is there a special reason you want to run the EFI system?

Once again.......Welcome aboard!:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 10-14-2013 01:09 AM

Welcome aboard!

Mariah1 10-15-2013 01:15 AM

Welcome. You are going to love that boat!

Oregondunes 10-15-2013 06:44 AM

welcome

Freckled Trout 10-18-2013 03:31 PM

Thanks for all the welcome to the club. Hope to know enough to ask pertinent questions before too long. Have plenty of 'em, lol. As far as converting to EFI, seemed to be a way to get better gas mileage. I noticed a little raw gas odor in my exhaust. Gonna give her a first class tune up and go from there. Thanks

Andy b 10-18-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freckled Trout (Post 49474)
As far as converting to EFI, seemed to be a way to get better gas mileage. I noticed a little raw gas odor in my exhaust. Gonna give her a first class tune up and go from there. Thanks

You'll never recoup the $$$ outlay!
Just give her a good service and enjoy the ride :yes_grin:

People often wonder about how to make a boat more fuel efficient???
simple answer, leave it at home :rolling_laugh:

ColoradoDiablo 10-18-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 49475)
People often wonder about how to make a boat more fuel efficient???
simple answer, leave it at home :rolling_laugh:

You got that right!:wink_thumbup:

No such thing as fuel mileage , just power gains if your lucky!

Freckled Trout 10-18-2013 04:17 PM

You're probably right. I'll see what happens after the tune-up. Got plenty time til spring, lol.