The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New boaters on a shakdown run (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/8485-new-boaters-shakdown-run.html)

raptor75074 07-15-2013 12:05 AM

New boaters on a shakdown run

My partner and I just bought our first boat on Wednesday, a 1995 202 Shabah, from the original owner. We are very excited and happy to be on the water. It's the perfect boat for us.

Did our shakedown run on a local lake today. Had a nice run...in the rain. Hahaha. Anyway, after trailering the boat on the ramp, the "up" function on the trim button quit working with the outdrive only up about 25%. And the strap on the reel on the trailer broke snugging "Lil Edie" up on the trailer. But isn't that what a shakedown run is all about? :rolleyes: So this evening I'll be surfing around this forum looking for some information about the trim/tilt function.

We did due dilligence when shopping for a boat and Mariah was the marque we specifically chose. No other competing make/model came close to the level of fit and finish of these boats. We are extremely excited to have found such a clean example from a very OCD and caring owner.

I'm a mechanic at an exotic car dealership here in the Dallas area and have been working with high end luxury and exotic makes for quite a few years. So if anyone has the low-down nitty gritty on wiring diagrams, fuse/relay designations or info on typical bugaboos in these boats (if there are any), that's what I'll be surfing for.

Very nice to meet everyone on here and I look forward to posting and messaging with everybody.

Michael (& Cole)

raptor75074 07-15-2013 12:51 AM

Re: New boaters on a shakdown run

Wow! That was quick and easy to find! Thank you for sharing your expertise and the excellent info, MikeyT!

Michael

mikeyt 07-15-2013 01:31 AM

Ok.... umm.. but the 'up button' on the trim should only take the outdrive up about 25%. You then use the trailer button (likely at the botton of the throttle assembly to lift it up higher and there may even be a switch on your transom to do the same thing.

Wiring diagrams & manuals are available in the Original Mariah Manuals & Supplements section and the link to service manuals for Mercruiser and Volvo's are shown at the bottom of the Maintenance & Repairs section. There are plenty of "How To's" posted by members in the Projects & Add-Ons section and there is plenty of information on parts & vendors in our Marketplace.

btw.....welcome aboard!

raptor75074 07-21-2013 10:49 PM

:jaw_drop:...like I said...new boat, new boat owners, LOLOL. I will have to check it out. I couldn't find the trailer button, but it's completely possible I just don't know where it is. Thank you for the tip, man. Probably just saved me a bunch of personal time and down time for the boat.

ColoradoDiablo 07-21-2013 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does your shifter look like this one?

raptor75074 07-22-2013 12:52 AM

Yep that's it! And that worked! I NEVER would have found that damn button without that picture. Or calling the previous owner, which, in hindsight, is what I SHOULD have done...before I ordered all of the stuff to replace the sender and trim switches. *SIGH* I guess I'll just have them "in stock". LOL

What a huge relief. Thank you guys so much.

Michael

ColoradoDiablo 07-22-2013 01:34 AM

Good Deal:wink_thumbup: