The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Good Morning to all MOC members (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/8146-good-morning-all-moc-members.html)

rhinoz 05-25-2013 03:19 PM

Re: Good Morning to all MOC members

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 44345)
I have had a similar problem, as have many of our members, and fortunately with mine it was resolved by simply removing and cleaning up the connections at the trim motor. If you do them one at a time its pretty hard to screw it up. If it still acts up, here is a troubleshooting guide i posted.

If you need to replace the 'up' solenoid (they are interchangeable) here's a good & reasonably priced source for them.

As for moving the boat by disconnecting the outdrive rams, yes that's an alternative ( i had to do that once) but its less time & easier to simply disconnect & clean the wiring connections at the solenoid.

Thanks Mikey, I'm going to get the solenoid this afternoon, actually going to pick up 2 of them. Our local marina has them for $22 a piece so I figure why change one, might as well change the 2 of them. I'll let you know how it goes. When you say "trim motor connections", where exactly are you referring to? sorry for the newbie Mariah boat owner question :)

mikeyt 05-25-2013 04:06 PM

They are located port side behind the rear seat. I've attached an old photo showing the location.

rhinoz 05-25-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 44351)
They are located port side behind the rear seat. I've attached an old photo showing the location.

Thanks Mikey. As I can't send you a PM, can you check your email please.

mikeyt 05-25-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhinoz (Post 44352)
Thanks Mikey. As I can't send you a PM, can you check your email please.

email accidentally got deleted before i was able to read it. please re-send but i may be a little slow in responding this afternoon....wifey has me busy with a repair project. :(

rhinoz 05-25-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 44353)
email accidentally got deleted before i was able to read it. please re-send but i may be a little slow in responding this afternoon....wifey has me busy with a repair project. :(

No probs, email re-sent :)

rhinoz 05-27-2013 08:29 PM

**Update**

Figured out what was wrong with the trim, removed trim sensor, cleaned it, put fresh dielectric grease on it, put it back in the same position, trim now works just fine.

As the boat had sat for about 3 years, it would not fire up. Turns out the previous owner had left a half a tank old gas in the tank. So I drained the tank, refilled with 5 gallons fresh premium gas, added a line conditioner to the tank before I poured the gas in. I replaced the fuel filter, removed and cleaned tank tube with screen on it, removed and cleaned the line from tank to fuel filter and then removed and cleaned line from fuel filter to fuel pump, removed and cleaned line from fuel pump to carb. Recharged battery to its full state.

After all that, took maybe an hour, put an ounce of fresh fuel straight down the carb, turned the ignition, pumped throttle twice, she cranked for about 2 seconds and VROOOMMM, she came to life :). If I can do this, anyone can as I'm not a mechanic!

Let her sit idling for an hour with the muffs on, carefully watching temp and oil pressure gauge. She sat there happily at over 40lbs oil and right around 185-190 for temp. She purrs :)

Haven't had a chance to get her in the water yet because of this crappy weather today, hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday and I'll report back.