The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Question about purchasing a 2001 Shabah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/803-question-about-purchasing-2001-shabah.html)

bred 03-01-2008 05:33 AM

Question about purchasing a 2001 Shabah

Hi..I found a 2001 Moriah 19 foot Shabah and it appears to be in excellent condition w/ 175 hours. He is the original owner, and has not been able to use it the last two summers, due to working alot of hours in upper management. I would love to hear from anyone with regards to what their experiences with this boat has been. (it is not a Z model) It has been very well taking care of, with original Manual, paperwork, receipts, service records etc It comes with trailer, and extras like life vests, water skis, additional tops..etc and he was asking 14,000. He has accepted offer my $ 12, 500.00. That is in the range of book value but still a little concerned buying an older boats. Most of everything I have read about the older Moriahs boats(before bankruptcy) is all good! It is winterized and we have to wait to run it when it warms up and can get it into the lake. Any input would be appreciated!

ShabahZ280 03-01-2008 01:02 PM

I wouldn't be concerned about it as far as being an "old boat". 175 hours over 7 years isn't much at all. Structurally, you have nothing to worry about, Mariah's are built extremely solid, and before they went under, they offered a lifetime warranty on the hull, which was a very rare thing. The motors are easily serviceable at any Mercruiser or Volvo Penta serice facility, so no worries there. If you have the means to, I'd have the engine looked over by a Mercruiser Mechanic before you commit to the deal, just to be on the safe side. Mechanically, most of the parts are aftermarket, and can still be purchased today. We've put together a parts list in the Original Mariah Talk forum, it's a sticky at the top. Mariah did make many parts in-house, like all the stainless hardware, seats, dashboards, and a few other parts, finding replacements for these is a little tough, but it can be done with a little patience. And we're all here to help each other out if you encounter any other issues. All you need to do ask.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed with this boat if you decide to buy it. :wink_thumbup:

Z 202 03-01-2008 01:38 PM

Sounds like a great deal. What kind of power?

Like Chris said: these are great boats, you won't be disappointed.

2 OWNER MARIAH 03-01-2008 03:18 PM

Does sound like a good deal. I have 2001 222 Shabah, powered by a 5.7 mercruiser w bravo 1. I have been around boats for 30 years, these Mariah's are the best built and equipped boats I have seen in these price ranges. It seems that there resale value may have dropped some but there quality is unbeatable.

If it is something you like buy it, you won't be disappointed.

bred 03-01-2008 04:31 PM

Thanks!

Thank you for the support and ideas! I am putting a small down payment on it over the weekend until it wams up, so then I can have it checked out by someone, try it out in the water and hopefully be good to go! The boat appeasrs to be in excellent shape so it good to hear your enthusiasm! I am a little concerned about the availability of parts, accessories if they are ever needed etc but I am glad that their are some resources here. Thanks again!

z275st 03-01-2008 04:38 PM

You may consider a test run! It depends where you live. If I had the time, I would have got mine out yesterday to try my new tabs. I’m in central IL, I store inside, and the hard freezes are over. If I stored outside I would wait. Sounds like a well taken care of Mariah. I don’t think you will be disappointed!!