The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Just bought my first Mariah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/7094-just-bought-my-first-mariah.html)

Reflex 07-03-2012 03:10 AM

Just bought my first Mariah

As it just so happens it also is my first boat that I have owned! Its a 1994 Mariah Barchetta that has been sitting for a year due to previous owner neglect. They just didnt have the time for it anymore. Its been sitting for a year but other then the mildew on the seats is in great shape! All the upholstery except the captains chairs were redone 3 years ago. Unfourtnetly the original trailer has been lost among previous owners.:( I go to pick her up tomorrow evening. Will post some before and after pics when I get it all cleaned up!

My Names Cory and currently located in Nashville,TN.

thanks!

edit: excited about going to pick it up so I though id just post a few that I took of her today while I was checking it out. Be easy. I know its dirty. That will change. Trust me.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...59/photo-2.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...9/photo1-2.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...9/photo2-2.jpg

mikeyt 07-03-2012 01:23 PM

Re: Just bought my first Mariah

Welcome aboard Cory. The search function is in the top right corner of the page. Just curious though. Are you absolutely certain that boat is a 1998? The 1998 brochure doesnt show a Z192 / Barchetta in that year. Check the last 2 digits of the hull id# to be sure.

Reflex 07-03-2012 01:58 PM

Man, I dont know how I missed that search bar!

Thats what I was told that it was a 98 but I'll look tonight when I go to pick it up and see what it says! Thanks for the heads up! I'm getting a great deal so it wont bother me too much.

Slick02 07-03-2012 03:21 PM

Welcome,,I like you just purchased a Mariah (picked mine up last weekend.)

Reflex 07-05-2012 02:47 AM

Thanks guys! Been busy cleaning her up these Past two days. Just cleaning up all the seats and vinyl and floors. Got the engine started last night! Fires up faster then my car does now! I have to replace the solenoids for the power trim. They click but nothing happens. If I bypass the solenoids it works. So I know it's not the pump or the switch. All the gauges work and the engine doesn't smoke at all. Engine has about 25 hours on it since it was rebuilt. The only major thing I have to do is replace the manifolds due to previous owner not winterizing properly. Hopefully will have them off tomorrow. I love my boat!

Reflex 07-05-2012 03:09 AM

Oh and an update to the year dilemma. It's a 1994.

mikeyt 07-05-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflex (Post 37327)
Oh and an update to the year dilemma. It's a 1994.

Thats better.

1994 Z192 Barchetta: 18' 10" oal, 92" beam, 2350 lbs dry, 30 gals US fuel tank, came with either a 3.0 or a 4.3 (180hp).

Reflex 07-05-2012 03:59 AM

It's got the 4.3lx motor in it. Thanks for the stats.

Reflex 07-10-2012 06:39 PM

New manifolds and risers are here!!! will be installing them tonight.

Also fixed the trim problem. the issue was coroded grounds. after cleaning up the ground block and all the connections the trim works like new! was stoked about that!

Continuing to cut, buff, and polish the exterior. I cant believe how well it is cleaning up! I had some suspesion that it would but am impressed with how well it actually is! Hopefully thursday will be a test day on the water if this rain stops and looking forward to a great weekend if all goes well!

One question I did have. Has anyone had problems with the glass inbetween the consoles moving? I have a problem where when the boat was stored by the P.O. over a year ago he left the windshield door open, covered the boat and let it set out in the weather. The drivers side bracing and glass seems to have bent a little and now the door wont shut easily. Was thinking about taking the brace off and trying to bend it back and re-install i? ideas? also it is possible that one of the P.O kids used the edges of the glass as a gymjastics rings to catapult themselves to the back of the boat. I can see that happening and bending the support as well. Just looking for a solution to fix it.

mikeyt 07-10-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflex (Post 37480)
New manifolds and risers are here!!! will be installing them tonight.

Also fixed the trim problem. the issue was coroded grounds. after cleaning up the ground block and all the connections the trim works like new! was stoked about that!

Continuing to cut, buff, and polish the exterior. I cant believe how well it is cleaning up! I had some suspesion that it would but am impressed with how well it actually is! Hopefully thursday will be a test day on the water if this rain stops and looking forward to a great weekend if all goes well!

One question I did have. Has anyone had problems with the glass inbetween the consoles moving? I have a problem where when the boat was stored by the P.O. over a year ago he left the windshield door open, covered the boat and let it set out in the weather. The drivers side bracing and glass seems to have bent a little and now the door wont shut easily. Was thinking about taking the brace off and trying to bend it back and re-install i? ideas? also it is possible that one of the P.O kids used the edges of the glass as a gymjastics rings to catapult themselves to the back of the boat. I can see that happening and bending the support as well. Just looking for a solution to fix it.

We've been going thru the centre glass issue in another thread but bottom line is that you can try to move the windshield on both sides by removing the foam strip at the bottom of the window frame then remove the screws that hold the frame to the hull. The frame should then be movable (it might be stuck due to age & crud) which should allow you to spread the window frame a bit & let the centre glass close properly. If parts such as the frame support bars are bent then they should be removed & straightened.