The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Newbie (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/560-newbie.html)

MariahTrooper 12-22-2007 02:57 PM

Hello everyone.

I found this site recently during initial searches to see what my 1996 Shabah 180 is worth (my wife and I are considering selling). I wish this site was around for the last eight years!!! The folks who put it together have done a great job. WHen I first got my Mariah, I could have used a lot of info, but I just learned the hard way!

We have had a lot of great times with our Mariah. I still love getting looks and comments when we go out. New babies have kept us out of the boat a lot in the past two summers, though.

Michigan has never had a lot of Mariahs on the water due to the local presence of Four Winns. It is rare for me to run into another owner on the water.

mikeyt 12-22-2007 10:40 PM

'tis a very good boat you have there if i do say so myself ;)

Why are you considering selling?

talk about silly connections....we have the same boat, we live just off "Saginaw Parkway" and we live behind "Saginaw Public School". Must be something in the water up here that made me see that...

MariahTrooper 12-23-2007 01:21 PM

The Saginaw/Shabah 180 connection....:wink_thumbup:

Well, our last two summers, we are using the boat less and less. We used to live up in Northern Michigan, tons of awesome lakes, now we live in an area where we have to drive up to 2 1/2 hours to hit the kind of lakes we are accustomed to playing on. Also, two new babies in the last few years put the kink in the boating.

I figure we'll get another in a few years.

mikeyt 12-23-2007 01:55 PM

upload some pics for us ??

ShabahZ280 12-23-2007 02:26 PM

Welcome to the board MariahTrooper, glad to have you on board! We designed this site for people just like you. It's a shame you just found us when it's time to sell your boat! But I understand your reasons. We'll all forgive you for that one.

If you have any info or experiences you'd like to share with the club,by all means, feel free. Also, we do have a Mariah Boats for Sale section you can feel free to post your boat in!

Again, welcome, and make yourself at home!

MariahTrooper 12-26-2007 10:15 PM

I tried to upload photos but I don't think it worked (it did something...) Any tips?

Mark 12-26-2007 10:43 PM

Hey mike off the topic what is the dif between 1996 180 and the 1999 182 ? It looks like the same boat to me and also dont say 3 yrs.

ShabahZ280 12-26-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariahTrooper (Post 2904)
I tried to upload photos but I don't think it worked (it did something...) Any tips?

I fixed your category in the gallery. So go ahead and post away! :wink_thumbup:

MariahTrooper 12-27-2007 01:17 AM

Chris,

I tried again, no dice. It says that it is uploading the attachments, but when it finishes, there is nothing in the gallery where I saved it to. I'm starting to think it is a simple format problem. I'll work on it later...

mikeyt 12-27-2007 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2905)
Hey mike off the topic what is the dif between 1996 180 and the 1999 182 ? It looks like the same boat to me and also dont say 3 yrs.

How about 2" then?? :rolling_laugh:

There wasn't really much difference between the boats. The '99 version had the 210hp 4.3V6 where the '96 was 190hp. The fuel capacity was larger (38 vs 30) in the '99 version also. There were likely some minor interior changes also. If i remember correctly Mariah salesmen used it as a sales pitch (2" longer....).