The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Confused (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/5268-confused.html)

Gene morani 03-23-2011 08:36 PM

Confused

Hi everyone, I'm new to the sight and need some help from people who know MAriah boats.

My wife and I feel in love with a 22ft Mariah Shabah yesterday that is a 1998. I would like some feedback from someone who has a bot either close to that year or the same year and find out what your opinion is about the boat. It has the 7.4 Mpi Bravo engine which hs about 430 hrs. on it. eXcept for a few minor nicks on the hull, it looks brand new. The asking price is 18,995. In your opinions do you think it's priced right. It also comes with the tandem trailer. I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thanks Gene

mikeyt 03-24-2011 01:19 AM

Re: Confused

What is there to be confused about? :) The Mariah is a very good boat and that size is very popular among our members. Is it a Z222 or Z221, 222/221LE or a standard 222/221? The 7.4L will certainly perform but it will like the taste of fuel. There isn't anything specific to look for in either of those model boats with the exception of hard to find replacement items such as windshield glass & interior trim pieces. Make sure all of the electrics work, particularly the trim buttons & trim gauge.

I'm not sure about the price though (being a Canuck our pricing is different) but i think its a bit high.

Brewfixer 03-24-2011 03:26 AM

Gene, I just purchased a 2001 Z222 yesterday in immaculate condition. The price was slightly south of where yours is. I would get a good base price from NADA and start your negotiation there. NADA is a good reference but we all know they don't fork out the green at purchase tiime. Using the NADA and a gut check should lead you to the right choice.
I tried my hardest to find an exact boat coast to coast for comparison and it was impossible. There aren't that many for sale out there.

Good luck.

Dredd 03-24-2011 03:13 PM

Depends on your location but I agree with the other guys, sounds pretty high to me. I haven't been looking at prices for the past couple months but I would think somewhere around 15 would be more realistic. Maybe try to use gas prices as leverage. Not that it's not a cool setup but, there aren't going to be a lot of people looking for 22' boats with a 454 in them this Summer.

Brewfixer 03-25-2011 12:09 AM

Hey Gene,
Is this the tan one in Wisconsin?

Gene morani 03-25-2011 03:33 AM

Brewfixer; Yup that's the one! Supposed to go back over the weekend to look at her after she's been cleaned up. Do you know anything about her? I'd appreciate any feedback Thanks.

Brewfixer 03-25-2011 03:41 AM

Sorry Gene, I too was looking at this vessel but never made it up there after i saw the one I just bought. I am from Racine.

You should also know that the only reason I did not pursue this one was that I sold my Four Winns 180H last year and it was this same color scheme. I was looking for something not particularly this color. Yellow was more me!!!