The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   hatch lift motor (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/4688-hatch-lift-motor.html)

slade watson 08-09-2010 08:12 PM

hatch lift motor

hey all, I am a proud new Mariah owner. Z211 talari,300 hp 5.7 vortec/Alpha.Working on 55 mph.Looked for a long time and found her in Spokane Wash.Everything works fine except the hatch actuator motor. Took it apart and found the armature shaft is sheared-off clean just inside the bearring/support point.Looking for help with repair or replacement info.

norri 12-15-2013 04:10 PM

Re: hatch lift motor

Slade, well I just picked up a 1999 Z212 Limited Edition and after going thru it completely found I have same exact problem, so I would say motor is prone to this. So we r both in the same boat, LOL will get back to u if I find a source, by the sounds of it u and I will have to replace entire actuator.
Gar

mikeyt 12-15-2013 04:40 PM

Electrics and areas of high heat/moisture dont always work well together, particularly on a boat that is now 14-15 yrs old. Most parts of that nature would be lucky to last 10-12 yrs when coupled with the stress of lifting that rear hatch.

Take a few minutes to look around the site and then check out the STICKY entitled "Original Mariah Parts & Vendors" list in our Parts & Collectibles for Sale section.

norri 06-09-2014 01:56 AM

Slade, I did find the exact actuator on ebay for mine sheared off just like urs, my unit was never used for brucheshadnt even seated. The reason for the shearing is due to the strain on it, the hatch is heavy, the gas shock is a help in opening it, but coming back down u have to compress that shock and in my case the actuator is on opposite side, all that pressure is felt on mtr and hinge. I found the wood was even broken at the hinge and had to get it to an upholstery shop. So I took off the actuator and the gas shock and just lift it. What it really needs to fix it is 2 actuators, one on ea side.

mikeyt 06-09-2014 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norri (Post 53052)
Slade, I did find the exact actuator on ebay for mine sheared off just like urs, my unit was never used for brucheshadnt even seated. The reason for the shearing is due to the strain on it, the hatch is heavy, the gas shock is a help in opening it, but coming back down u have to compress that shock and in my case the actuator is on opposite side, all that pressure is felt on mtr and hinge. I found the wood was even broken at the hinge and had to get it to an upholstery shop. So I took off the actuator and the gas shock and just lift it. What it really needs to fix it is 2 actuators, one on ea side.

Gar, Slade hasn't been on this site since 2010....

norri 06-10-2014 02:48 AM

Mikeyt, sorry thought I was helping someone, for I saw a few threads below mine that had a question about acutators, didnt pay any attention to date, will look next time, ty
Gar

ps isnt there a way of deleting old threads?

mikeyt 06-10-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norri (Post 53086)
Mikeyt, sorry thought I was helping someone, for I saw a few threads below mine that had a question about acutators, didnt pay any attention to date, will look next time, ty
Gar

ps isnt there a way of deleting old threads?

There is yes but those 'old threads' contain some valuable information that people find useful when they use the Search function.

No worries about 'helping someone' cuz that's a good thing around here but you're right, you do have to have a quick look at the age of the thread before responding. Btw, you are right about the need for 2 actuators working together to lift & lower that heavy hatch.