The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Hi, and Mariah 180 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/434-hi-mariah-180-a.html)

jchemotti 10-13-2007 12:35 AM

Hi, and Mariah 180

Hi Everyone,

Wow, I'm really glad I found this forum and am looking forward to learning a lot about our boat.

We purchased a 1996 Maraiah Shabah, 180, from a neighbor who owns a boat shop. This boat had been stolen, stripped of all seats, and our neighbor did a fair restoration job on it, but didn't use any original-looking seats, etc.

So, does anyone know where I could get some seats that look like the original ones, so I can really "restore" this boat?

Also, anyone know of particular problems with this model?

And, where could I get a copy of the original manual for the boat or Mercruiser engine?

Thanks so much,
Jan

mikeyt 10-13-2007 03:30 AM

Welcome to the board Jan! I dont mean to be a pessimist but finding seats for your Mariah will be like finding a 50% pay raise on your next pay cheque. :)

You have the same boat that i have so i'll give ya a quick lesson on Mariahs. Anything older than 2001 was made by the original Mariah Boat company. They shut their doors and sold the name to Seafox Boats so anything after 2001 is made by Seafox. The original Mariah company (for the most part) manufactured their own parts / accessories etc so when they went bye-bye, so did most of the parts. That said....your best bet is EBay and advertising on this board for whatever you need. There are still few parts floating around out there. Engine & outdrive parts are no problem. These boats are well made & structurally very solid but as with anything 10-11 yrs old things will wear out or break. One nice thing about them is the wiring looms have identity tags on all the connectors. Makes it easier to add accessories and source any electrical problems. There are no problems that i know of that are particular to this boat. If you have any particular problems, fire away with your questions. There is lots of knowledgable help on this site! All except 'Dudders' of course. He's our resident joke teller. :yes_grin:

As for a Mariah & Mercruiser manual etc, you can get easy access to them thru this site if you become a contributing member. Just click on the Donate button at the top of the screen and all member benefits will be explained.

What motor / prop do you have in it? Is it a Z model or a standard model? Z models have extra goodies like power seats, power antenna etc. Mine is a standard model. Check out the pics in the gallery if you want to compare and then post some of your own for the rest of us to see!! :wink_thumbup:

dudders 10-13-2007 04:49 AM

Hey Mikey, you been outside to check to see if your boat is there lately?????

HEY !!!!!! I can give advice - dont forget your bung!!!! :rolleyes: Doh.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me!!

ShabahZ280 10-13-2007 12:40 PM

Welcome to the board Jan! You'll find this place has just about everything you'd ever want and need to know. If you can't find what you're looking for, ask. We've got a great group of members willing to help. There are many benefits to becoming a contributor to the site, so check that out too. We've put a lot of hard work into making this site what it is today, and with us approaching 200 members, I'm sure we can answer any questions you've got. So welcome aboard!

moondance100 10-17-2007 11:08 AM

Hey Jan, welcome aboard! There was a seat on ebay a few months ago for around $300...that was for one....they're pretty rare! But Im sure it's a great boat nonetheless!