The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Need help with hull ID (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/3326-need-help-hull-id.html)

mjhinno 09-14-2009 09:01 PM

Need help with hull ID

Hi all:

Looks like great owners forum you have here and hopefully I'll have a good reason to keep posting. May soon be a partial owner of a 1995, but am uncertain of the model. Can anyone help if I provide a hull ID?
Have MAB0----95
Been out of boating since selling a 1988 33 Tiara Open 8 years ago and miss is badly. May have an opportunity to share this boat for the effort of doing a few repairs for a friend. Need to get a trailer, but have not seen the boat yet and need model and specs. The current owner is unavailable for a few weeks so I can't ask him.

Thanks for your help.

WetWilly 09-14-2009 10:48 PM

Re: Need help with hull ID

Hi mjhinno and welcome to the club!

We have a couple of members who should be able to assist you, so expect a response soon :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly

mjhinno 09-15-2009 12:30 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Forgot to say that the boat is a 23 bowrider. Would that make it a 240 Talari perhaps?

WetWilly 09-15-2009 05:56 AM

Hi mjhinnom,

That is very possible, the 240 is actually 23' 10" in length. To see what a 240 looks like, click here and look at these photos. This is Moondance100's '95 Z240 Talari and what ever you do, don't race him for pinks..... it got a really big motor :yes_grin:, now ours is a '96 (with a smaller motor:() but there is very little difference between these years, click here.

WetWilly

mjhinno 09-17-2009 01:44 AM

Hey WW

Thank you for the links. Looks like the speakers were bought to overcome the big loud motor! Both rigs are great looking and and seems to be what I remember this one looking like. Have not seen it in about 5-6 years.

The registration says 23 and I suspect NY DMV would take any number with a 23 in it and round it to 23. Don't think it had the Bravo III though. I'll post it up after we pick it up.

Any suggestions on make/models of trailers that are a good fit?

Thanks again

ShabahZ280 09-20-2009 12:59 PM

According to the factory build sheets, it's a Z240 Talari. :wink_thumbup:

mjhinno 10-04-2009 12:35 PM

Hi Chris:

Picked up the boat yesterday and you are correct-Z240 Talari with 7.4 and Bravo 1. All in all, not too bad with little cleanup.

Issue is starter motor spent some time in water several years back. Now NG and yard told owner that bolts were frozen and motor had to be pulled, which is why he gave it away to me. Thinking it might be good to pull it and check for pan rot too

Have any tips for squeezing this motor out of the hole? Will it clear hatch cover/seat back brace, or does brace have to be cut out?

ShabahZ280 10-05-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhinno (Post 18628)
Have any tips for squeezing this motor out of the hole? Will it clear hatch cover/seat back brace, or does brace have to be cut out?

Not sure how the Z240 seats are set up, my rear bench folds forward on hinges mounted to the floor. When my motor had to come out earlier this season, the whole rear half of the interior had to be removed. Rear seat bench, sundeck, carpeted engine cover, etc. The boat was pretty much naked from the bolster seats back. My motor actually sits under a molded fiberglass lip in the upper half of the hull, which the shop told me made removal a little bit challenging. I'd make sure I had a proper hoist, perhaps even a ceiling mounted chain action one if you're having it done in a shop.

One person you might want to talk with is Doug (moondance100). He has a Z240 Talari that he swapped a 502 in a few years ago. He's probably got lots more helpful info than I would! Look him up in the Member list, and drop him a PM or email. And be sure to keep us updated with the progress :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly 10-05-2009 09:26 PM

Hi mjhinno,

Do you have the large sunpad or the jump seats and motor hatch?

WetWilly

indykoch 10-05-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 18641)
When my motor had to come out earlier this season...

Okay Chris... did I miss it, or are you still trying to hold back the tears with this story???:confused: