The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   1996 Z 240 Talari (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/332-1996-z-240-talari.html)

WetWilly 09-14-2007 08:16 AM

1996 Z 240 Talari

Hello Mariah Owners Club,

My wife and I just aquired the Talari a couple of weeks ago and we've been going through her cleaning and fixing little thing here and there.

She has the same side graphics as the Z235 Talari posted by ShabahZ250 except ours is a Navy Blue BowRider instead of a cabin. Power is handled by a 7.4l Bravo 3 w/ 28 pitch props ( I was told by the previous owner she comes out of the hole pretty strong ) and there is about 400 hours on the meter.

Right now the Talari is in the shop getting a full service done on the engine and outdrive, as soon as we get her back, I'll try to post some pictures.

This is our second boat and we are looking forward to many more hours of fun tubing, sking and fishing.

Lastly, I'm looking forward to all the assistance I can get in helping us return this beautiful boat to a "like new" condition and hopefully, I'll be able to help other members along the way.....

Thanks,
WetWilly

ShabahZ280 09-14-2007 11:22 AM

Welcome to the board WetWilly! You've come to the right place for all your Mariah needs. Sounds like you've got a nice boat, and you'll enjoy it, trust me. If you've got any questions, post 'em, we're all a friendly bunch who's ready to help.

Also, I saw your post regarding converting to LED, I did this earlier this year, and I've posted my writeup on here in the "How To" section, so you can see what I did. It was a really easy project, and only took about 15 minutes to do! I love it, so much more light, and less battery consumption.

Be sure and post some pics for us, and once again, welcome home!

WetWilly 09-15-2007 06:20 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome ShabahZ250!

I'll definitely check out your LED upgrade.

I'm looking forward to exploring this site and getting to know other Mariah owners.

Thanks again,
WetWilly

moondance100 09-15-2007 11:46 AM

Welcome aboard Willy! Post some pics of her as soon as you can, I've got a 95 Z240 Talari, so if you have any questions I can help you with, I'd be glad to!

mikeyt 09-15-2007 06:23 PM

ah....'Wet Willy".... you know, last weekend i saw 3 boats with that name on the stern! :yes_grin:

WetWilly 09-15-2007 08:17 PM

Hi moondance100,

Thanks for the offer of assistance!

I am glade to see from your gallery, we have the same style (bow rider) as I am very confused when it comes to identifying Mariah models. :confused:

For instance, ShabahZ250's gallery of a '96 Z235 Talari turns out to be a Cuddy cabin and not a bow rider and on another site, I saw a '95 Sabah and it look just like mine down to the dash.

Is there a method to telling what type of boat and interior by its name?

Thanks,
WetWilly

WetWilly 09-15-2007 08:21 PM

Hi mikeyt,

What can I say...we "Willys" get around alot.....
;)

ShabahZ280 09-17-2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 1477)

Is there a method to telling what type of boat and interior by its name?

The way I've been able to gauge the differences between Talari's and Shabahs are the design of the swim deck. Talari's are flat, and Shabah's have a raised section in the center.

WetWilly 09-17-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 1456)
Also, I saw your post regarding converting to LED, I did this earlier this year, and I've posted my writeup on here in the "How To" section, so you can see what I did. It was a really easy project, and only took about 15 minutes to do! I love it, so much more light, and less battery consumption.

Be sure and post some pics for us, and once again, welcome home!

Hi ShabahZ250,

I didn’t think of changing out the existing bulbs with LEDs, I was thinking more of upgrading the entire light fixtures. I like the LED bulb upgrade better as it saves money for other areas needing a little TLC. Funny, but this is exactly what I did on my wife’s car and her bulbs..... Jeez, my age is showing... minds going too!

Thanks again,
WetWilly

WetWilly 11-17-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondance100 (Post 1471)
Welcome aboard Willy! Post some pics of her as soon as you can, I've got a 95 Z240 Talari, so if you have any questions I can help you with, I'd be glad to!

Hi Moondance100,

I am in need of information and pictures covering the engine hatch lifts and the windshield wiper arm assembly so I was wonder if you had easy access to your boat and some time, I would be most appreciative for the assistance.

Thanks,
WetWilly