The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   1996 Talari 235 Cuddy (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/296-1996-talari-235-cuddy.html)

aaron999888 09-05-2007 08:57 AM

1996 Talari 235 Cuddy

I just bought my first boat on Ebay today. It is the Talari 235 Cuddy. 1996. After reading a lot of the posts here I am even more excited to go pick it up in a couple of days. I am hoping it will be fun for my family of 7 (5 kids) to get out on.

It will be nice to have this forum to answer any questions that may come up for me as a new boater.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload a few photos into these posts like I have seen in other posts.

thanks aaron

aaron999888 09-05-2007 09:13 AM

Pics

2 Attachment(s)
I think I just figured out how to upload some pics of the new boat.

Which I picked up for $11K. I think I did ok. Or at least I hope I did???

Attachment 262

Attachment 263

ShabahZ280 09-05-2007 12:17 PM

Welcome Aaron, and congrats on the new boat! It sounds like you got a good deal, but to be a fair judge, you'd have to post some more specs, like engine size, hours, and options. The boat looks to be well taken care of, and in good shape! I think you'll find it will entertain your family for years.

This forum will help you a lot, we're all here to help each other, and there's all sorts of resources available to contributing members. Click the "Donate" button to find out more.

Be sure to post some more pics when you get it, we can add it to the Gallery section. Enjoy it!

aaron999888 09-05-2007 03:27 PM

Specs

7 Attachment(s)
The following info was provided by the seller. I have attached a few more pics as well.

1996 Mariah Talari 235 Cuddy cabin . It has been very well maintained and only has 244 hrs. It has an Alpha 1 outdrive, powered by a 5.7L 350 chevy engine, brand new stainless steel prop, tilt steering, depth finder, factory snap in carpet, JVC tilt face cd player, built in ice chest, factory mariah full cover, factory blue bemini top, this boat still shines like brand new.

Boat has been stored in a climet controled enviornment since I've owned it.

Cuddy includes small bed up front, 2 lounges on each side, or can be converted to one large sleeping area. Fresh water sink, porta potty, speaker and lights throughout.

Trailer is a Chariot made for this boat with surge brakes.

Attachment 265

Attachment 266

Attachment 268

Attachment 269

Attachment 270

Attachment 271

Attachment 272

Z 202 09-05-2007 03:35 PM

All that for 11k? That was a steal!

Where's that envious smiley? ;)

mikeyt 09-05-2007 03:35 PM

Well done Aaron.....very nice boat!

aaron999888 09-05-2007 03:36 PM

Camping Enclosure

I was also wondering how difficult it would be to find or add on the following 2 items:

1. A Camping Enclosure

2. A wake Tower

Any ideas?

mikeyt 09-05-2007 03:42 PM

I think one of our Admin guys (MariahMan - Ryan) just added a tower to his boat. Check the thread in the General Chat forum under 'Watersports' for more info.
As for the camping enclosure, any good boat canvas/upholstery shop can handle that job, framing and all.

ShabahZ280 09-05-2007 04:02 PM

Yes, you got a great deal for 11k. That boat looks to be immaculate shape, and being stored in a climate controlled environment, the previous owner definitely knew how to take care of it!

You can get a wakeboard tower for the boat, there are many manufacturers who can adapt their models to fit our boats. They are somewhat pricy, but well worth it if you plan to do any watersports. MariahMan (the other admin) has one, and not only does it make the boat look sharp, he's put the tower to good use. He'd be the one to talk to about that.

As far as camper canvas goes, you'll most likely never be able to get an original Mariah camper canvas, so your only options are to have someone custom make one for you. Check with your local canvas shop, they can probably point you in the right direction.

aaron999888 09-05-2007 04:17 PM

Thanks for the rapid responses and info on the Tower and enclosure as well as the congrats on a good deal. Im quite buzzed up to go and get it.

I have already taken the advice given in the "Watersports" section and checked out Samson sports web site for a wake tower. It looks like a beauty. If I get that done I will be sure to add some more pics with the improvements.