The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New to boating and Mariah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/290-new-boating-mariah.html)

PT1 09-04-2007 06:55 PM

New to boating and Mariah

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone from here in the UK( South Coast). just bought a mariah 238 shabah with a 5.0 efi motor. 24ft
Nice looking boat with good finish.:) Forum looks good and the first item I think I will try are the smart tabs.
We use the boat on the sea/ inland waters and it can take a long time to get on plane. I have someone looking at the prop to see if this could be improved I am willing to sacrifice top end for better low end performance.
Paul

ShabahZ280 09-04-2007 08:15 PM

Welcome to the board Paul! You've made a great choice in boats, and this is the place to find out everything you've ever wanted to know about Mariah. There's a wealth of knowledge here, and even more resources if you become a contributor. Click the "Donate" button for more info.

Smart tabs seem to be a good choice, there's quite a few people on here with them that have positive results. And if you've got prop questions, we've got some people here who are very helpful there too.

Enjoy yourself, and be sure to post some pics!

mikeyt 09-04-2007 08:41 PM

Welcome Paul.. 'tis always good to hear from fellow Mariah owners around the world!

moondance100 09-04-2007 11:57 PM

Yeah Paul...welcome aboard! You and the resident canucks and talk about which beer is the best! Us americans like the thin and clear stuff...seems everyone else prefers a glass of something you can stand a spoon up in!

Look forward to hearing your adventures from across the pond!

mikeyt 09-05-2007 12:01 AM

They should take the name 'beer' off of the 'merican stuff. 'tis an insult to real beer :p:p

PT1 09-07-2007 04:00 PM

UK Summer

Thanks everyone for the welcome notes. Having a bit of late summer here ( been very poor so far) so good weather for the boat. Hope to get out over the weekend. Although the Rugby World cup is just starting so pulled in two directions at the mo.
We also have a boat show starting Monday which is pretty good and enjoys a good rep here in the UK.

A little note just to cheer you lot up over the weekend. Filled up with petrol at the marina the other day Petrol £1.19 per litre ! Ouch!:eek:
Waiting for the discount card give me 10% off ,comes with mooring. ( not a lot but it helps)
Paul

Z 202 09-07-2007 04:46 PM

Welcome to the board.

It's been hot and hazy here as well. Makes me wish I had taken that extra week of holidays...

Ouch! on the gas prices. I was thought I was being raped at CDN$1.18/litre at the marina pump (I think that's about .55 GBP). I don't get any marina discount here, :( but I do get a key to the private washrooms. :D

I can save myself about 0.20/litre if I trailer it out to the nearest gas station. As you can imagine I go that route as much as possible.

Z 202 09-07-2007 04:48 PM

Oh yeah and that american beer: " 'tis like making love in a canoe". :D

PT1 09-07-2007 09:19 PM

Beer

So what happened to Molson dry.?
Used to drink all the time here. Then I had some Molson Black Dry whilst in Canada ( liked that !pretty strong as I recall,............. well I did buy a case!)
Bud is fine if you have to drive .... I go to a cinema down in Marco(florida) where they serve food at your table with a small pitcher of Bud this goes down well as a thirst quencher.

Whats flavour of the month in Canada at the Mo?
Over here Magnum cider with ice is pretty good on hot day

Paul

dudders 09-08-2007 07:24 AM

Welcome to the Forum Paul.
I suggest you go boating and dont worry about the World Rugby cup this year - the All Blacks and Wallabies have it sown up:)
Wash down your sorrows with a nice COLD glass of Victoria Bitter, now you're talking!:rolleyes: