The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Newbie Power Boater Here! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/2896-newbie-power-boater-here.html)

bigv8 07-05-2009 05:34 PM

Newbie Power Boater Here!

Hello everyone!

My name is Jon and I live outside of Atlanta GA, right down the road from the biggest lake in the state. I operate a small business and we have recently acquired a 1996 Talari z201. I never thought I'd own a vessel like this. We had loaned the previous owner some cash, but the bad economy caught up to him quicker than he thought it would, so, here we are.

Although I'm new to big boats, I'm not new to engines and stuff, so I'm fairly comfortable wrenching around a little. The previous owner of this boat allowed the engine to freeze one winter, so we had to install a different engine.:shakehead: Original was a 5.8L Volvo-Penta, replaced by a Ford 351 Windsor. After a little tinkering, the boat runs great!! I know I'm going to have lots of questions. The boat has some minor flaws, but with a little help, I'm sure I can get all of the bugs worked out.:) Thank you all in advance!!:wink_thumbup:

bdbyrnes 07-06-2009 02:25 AM

Re: Newbie Power Boater Here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigv8 (Post 16159)
Hello everyone!

My name is Jon and I live outside of Atlanta GA, right down the road from the biggest lake in the state. I operate a small business and we have recently acquired a 1996 Talari z201. I never thought I'd own a vessel like this. We had loaned the previous owner some cash, but the bad economy caught up to him quicker than he thought it would, so, here we are.

Although I'm new to big boats, I'm not new to engines and stuff, so I'm fairly comfortable wrenching around a little. The previous owner of this boat allowed the engine to freeze one winter, so we had to install a different engine.:shakehead: Original was a 5.8L Volvo-Penta, replaced by a Ford 351 Windsor. After a little tinkering, the boat runs great!! I know I'm going to have lots of questions. The boat has some minor flaws, but with a little help, I'm sure I can get all of the bugs worked out.:) Thank you all in advance!!:wink_thumbup:

Congrats! There are worse ways for someone to go bad on a debt; such as walking away.

Also, you could have done much worse than getting a Mariah boat in exchange!

WetWilly 07-06-2009 11:19 AM

Hi bigv8 and welcome to the club!

WetWilly

bigv8 07-06-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Congrats! There are worse ways for someone to go bad on a debt; such as walking away.

Also, you could have done much worse than getting a Mariah boat in exchange!

Absolutely! Honestly, I feel bad for the guy and really needed money more than a boat. But after having the new engine installed, cleaning 'er up and taking'er out, I'm thinking this is one asset I'm going to sit on for awhile!:wink_thumbup:

Thanks for the warm welcome BTW!!:)