The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Proud New Owner of 99 18' Mariah Shabah (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/2143-proud-new-owner-99-18-mariah-shabah.html)

monirangel 03-11-2009 04:31 AM

Proud New Owner of 99 18' Mariah Shabah

Just got a great deal on this boat and have done a major service & made some minor upgrades..other than that this boat runs strong! 1st time boat owner. Wondering if there is anyway to raise driver seat up, I find myself standing and resting on the headrest.
I noticed there are 3 handle levers underneath, but looks like seat only swivels and slides back and forth, it doesn't raise up any. Did Mariah seats not come with this option? Any ideas on installing cup holders near the driver & passenger side..looks like they were installed in the front & back of the boat for the passengers only, kind of odd. Thanks for any input and we are REALLY looking forward to this summer!

Thanks!
Rangel

mikeyt 03-12-2009 12:08 AM

Re: Proud New Owner of 99 18' Mariah Shabah

First off, congratulations and welcome aboard! I'm kinda partial to the Shabah 18 :)

I dont believe Mariah had the lift option on their bucket seats, i think swivel & slide were it. You can buy a replacement pedestal from Springfield that has a hydraulic lift but they are pricey but i'm not sure if you can find one short enough so that it doesn't lift your head too high when set in the lowest position.
Mine has a S.S. cupholder in the dash on both sides. Yours doesnt? If not, it's a simple install.

monirangel 03-12-2009 12:56 AM

Cool, Im going to check out Springfield site for the hydraulic lift-seriously need to raise my seat some, I couldn't see over the top when boat is taking off unless I stand up. Wow you installed cup holder, where and how? I found the actual cup holders for about $9 but I don't know where I can install them as I have no actual arm rest or a side that comes out far enough to place a cup holder. Perhaps you can send me a picture or guide me through the step. Really appreciate any input,

Thanks
Primo:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 03-12-2009 02:49 PM

oh boy....i just had a look at the pictures of your dash style (which is different than mine) and i can see where your problem lies. Hmmm....what about installing a hanging style cupholder on the drivers side? There might be enough room on the passenger side next to the cooler cover to install a drop in cupholder.

Mark 03-12-2009 10:10 PM

WOW Great boat you have there. Tell us more about it and some pics. I think there is a cup holder down by the floor in the pocket .I will have to take my cover off to check it but im sure it is there. Good luck with it.:wink_thumbup:

brettk 03-13-2009 02:35 AM

I had the same problem with my seat being to low. It was fine for sitting and using the controls but docking and scoping chicks:eek_animated: it was just too low. I purchased a new ped from Overtons and that solved the problem. Don't bother looking for a extension for the one you have I looked all over with no results. Good luck!

monirangel 03-13-2009 04:46 AM

By any chance do you recall what ped replacement you bought from Overtons?
I found something at basspro shops by springfield but not sure if this has the automatic hydraulic lift. Hey thanks for the input.

monirangel 03-13-2009 04:53 AM

:beach:yeah , no cup holders on my boat, only in the rear and front, kind of silly to not have placed one for driver/passenger seats. I have my boat with an ulphostery shop and asked them to check out a possible install, so hopefully they can think of something simple to add some cupholders somewhere. I'm sure it'll turn out nice. Other than that, I have done some updates to this boat to bring it alive...turning out real nice. Summer is taking toooo long!

AZshaba190SE 03-13-2009 05:05 AM

Where did you find the cup holders that match the originals? Are they the polished aluminum type? Mine are tarnished and scratched.

mikeyt 03-13-2009 02:11 PM

I purchased an hydraulic lift pedestal from www.cascadedepot.com

This is what i bought from them last spring.
1 Springfield Marine Mainstay 09 Power Pedestal with Slide @ $130.00 = $130.00
The unit 1250250-L works like an office chair.
You lift your weight off of it and trip the handle raise it. Range is 12 1/2" - 15 1/2"
With your weight on it trip the handle to lower it.
It is gas assist or gas spring.

Now, I never ended up using it because 12 1/2" was too high for the seated position in a 180 Shabah. I liked the idea of an hydraulic lift though, if just to cushion the arse. :)