The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Mariah parts search (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/1955-mariah-parts-search.html)

mariah_virginia 12-21-2008 11:26 PM

Mariah parts search

Hello fortunate Mariah owners. My '96 Talari 209 is in need of some cosmetic love. Does anyone know of any contacts for replacement rubberized emblems (1996), best fitting swim platforms, upholstery, replacement vinyl covers and other perks? Please share your experiences to enhance my care for the 209 Talari with 250hp 5.7L Alpha.

ShabahZ280 12-22-2008 11:33 AM

Welcome to the board mariah_virginia! You'll find answers to all your questions here!

1. The gold shields are very hard to come by these days, occasionally they'll show up on ebay, usually fetching about $125 for a pair of them, however a few of our members have purchased the new Silver shields from Sea Fox Mariah (for about $20 each). They say once they're installed, you can barely see the silver. Here's a writeup one of our members put together. Installing new shields

2. Swimplatforms.com makes the best aftermarket swim platform, and we have quite a few members who have those as well. Price is around $1500-$2000 and that's without professional installation.

3. The upholstery can be done by any local canvas or auto upholstery shop. The original vinyl is called "Nautolex with Prefixx", it's still available, and is somewhat expensive, but worth it if you'd like to keep your Mariah as beautiful as it was originally.

4. I'm assuming when you say "replacement vinyl covers" that you're talking about the bow & cockpit covers? If so, this is where I'll advise you to stray from the OEM material and use Sunbrella fabric. It's much more durable, easy to clean, and readily available. Contact your local marine canvas shop to build you new ones. They'll come out and take the measurements for a custom fit. Don't ever skimp on "universal fit" covers, because there's a 99.9% chance it won't fit right.

Hope this helps. All of these subjects have been discussed before here on the board, some with much more detailed information than what I've given. Feel free to browse around the board and get yourself educated! If you have any other questions, by all means, feel free to ask. We're all here to help! :wink_thumbup:

Gearhead 12-07-2020 06:02 PM

Re: Mariah parts search

Looking for mercruiser Bravo 3 throttle transmission cables. My 2000 Z28 has the 7.4 MPI and I am told there are different length cables. If I can determine the actual spec and model number for my Z28 it would be amazing.

Hudson River Steve 12-08-2020 11:59 AM

Which cable are you looking for? Shift cable from engine to out drive? Or shift and throttle cables from hand control to engine?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gearhead 12-08-2020 03:18 PM

I have to pull the out drive to replace the u joint so I am looking at replacing both cables along with the throttle control lever and both bellows with gaskets etc.

Hudson River Steve 12-08-2020 11:58 PM

The control cable lengths from the hand control to the engine should be printed on the jacket of each cable.
The shift cable from the engine to the outdrive is Mercruiser part number 865437A02.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gearhead 12-09-2020 02:48 AM

Thanks for that info Steve. Looks like you have my same boat just 1 year older. I can see 202 on the jacket of the throttle cable. Is that 202 inches?

Hudson River Steve 12-09-2020 01:57 PM

Yes - same boat, just one year older. I believe your model has the new and improved interior so I am a little jealous. I believe you are correct, the number printed on the jacket is the number of inches. It depends on the manufacturer. For Teleflex-Morse I believe the last dash number in the part number is the number of inches.