The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Another New Guy (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/1875-another-new-guy.html)

AirNavy 11-03-2008 01:42 AM

Another New Guy

I stumbled across the site while researching a 1996 Z215 Talari I found while looking for a nice cuddy. Long story short: Saw the boat, loved it, water tested it today and should have it in my possesion by Wednesday. She is in very good shape with a rebuilt 5.7L (30 hours since rebuild) and very few cosmetic issues. This will be my first boat so I have a good bit to learn. Off to do some more reading...

mashymariah 11-03-2008 09:37 AM

Congratulations. I'm sure you will love it and cant wait till u pick it up. There are heaps of helpful hints here in the forums to help you out.

ShabahZ280 11-03-2008 12:15 PM

Welcome to the board Mickey! Congrats on your new boat, I'm sure it'll be a great first boat for you! If you've got any questions, by all means ask, we're all here to help!!! :wink_thumbup:

PS-on a side note, thanks for your service to our country!

flood 11-03-2008 04:19 PM

Good luck with your boat. I just purchased a 2006 SX 21 last week. I can not wait until the spring to try her out.

AirNavy 11-03-2008 04:23 PM

Thanks guys. I'm sure I will come up with some questions once I get her in my grubby little hands and start the tear down for inspection. I've already started a short list of things that need to be done (if for nothing more than my peace of mind) and a rapidly expanding list of things I want to do. I just have to show some restraint and not take her too far apart since I'm getting a 4 day weekend for Veteran's Day next weekend and the wife will be out of town. That means I need to spend most of it on the water "testing". :wink_thumbup:

dudders 11-03-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flood (Post 11009)
Good luck with your boat. I just purchased a 2006 SX 21 last week. I can not wait until the spring to try her out.

Welcome to the forum John, there is an ever increasing number of us "Newbies".
Post away and add some photos when you get the chance. Dont forget to put your pin on the members map too mate.

Tilted 11-04-2008 02:45 AM

If I may offer a word of advice... Put your boat away immediately. Find another boat ASAP, borrow, cheat or steal. Take it out for a week or two. Bump it around, launch it, retrieve it, dock it. Finally, you take your Mariah out... and just then you may revel in the glory that is the awesomeness of your 12 year old boat. It so hard to appreciate the Mercedes you're born into if you haven't driving a Yugo first.

blockp 11-04-2008 01:57 PM

That's some good sound advice right there. :yes_grin:

flood 11-04-2008 04:59 PM

can someone give me instructions on how to post a message. I am new to this site. thanks

WetWilly 11-05-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flood (Post 11027)
can someone give me instructions on how to post a message. I am new to this site. thanks

Hi flood,

How can we help? As it looks like you've already figured out how to "post" to post to an existing thread, I assume you mean how to start a new "thread" (question), is this correct?

WetWilly