The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   The green Englishman (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/160-green-englishman.html)

Colin T 08-03-2007 07:06 AM

The green Englishman

Hi
I have just joined your club
And would like to introduce myself
I am married to Rita I am in my early 60’s
4 married children with a total of 7 grand kids
Born in the UK
I retired 3 years ago about 1 year ago got rather bored so decided to move to Spain
Six months ago we bought a house in a fishing village called Los Nietos on the Man Menor Costa Calida which is less than a 2 minutes from the sea.
Never owned a boat in my life.
So first went for instruction in seamanship and safety got certificated
And off I went to buy a boat, cut a long story short I bought a
Mariah SC21 1998 with 5000 Mercury Marine engine
Having a few teething problems, little things on the boat and my lack
of knowledge but I will get there
So Hi again and any help and advise would be well received

Colin T
:D:D:D

:):)

MariahMan 08-03-2007 07:22 AM

Welcome all the way from Spain Colin! We're glad to have you as a member of our club! We have a great group of people at The Mariah Owners Club that will help to get all of your Mariah questions answered.

Welcome again!

mikeyt 08-03-2007 04:25 PM

Welcome Colin. Now that we have 2 new members from 'across the ponds' we can consider ourselves a Global club :) I'm glad to see you took the advice of Straad & myself in the Trailer Boats forum. You will find this group very helpful and our admin staff has pulled together a lot of very useful documentation for our contributing members. We will look after you as best we can!

One more thing & i suspect the admin staff didn't tell you about this condition of your membership. All new members living in exotic locations must hold an annual membership meeting that is to last a minimum of 2 weeks. You also have to supply the beveridges. :D

MariahMan 08-03-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 448)
One more thing & i suspect the admin staff didn't tell you about this condition of your membership. All new members living in exotic locations must hold an annual membership meeting that is to last a minimum of 2 weeks. You also have to supply the beveridges. :D

Thanks for reminding me Mikey! Forgot to mention that one. We'll have to get dudders to host one as well so we can all go down unda' :D

KSP181 08-04-2007 02:48 AM

Welcome aboard. An overseas meeting, now that would be fun. Beverages included, I'm in:D.

dudders 08-04-2007 05:17 PM

Come on down guys, you are more than welcome. You may need to get into a bit of training before you start drinking our grog though :rolleyes:

lawmanbsi 08-05-2007 04:40 AM

never made to spain or uk. spent most of my time in germany. welcome to the club

Colin T 08-06-2007 07:03 PM

Hi and thanks to you all for your warm welcome
yes i am up for it you get flights to Spain and I will provide the party
and No one out drinks this --limey --- pom