The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   New Owner- Barn Find - Engine work/Replacement (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/14396-new-owner-barn-find-engine-work-replacement.html)

Plink#64 11-25-2022 02:49 PM

New Owner- Barn Find - Engine work/Replacement

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning-
New to us 1993 Barchetta MX 19" 205HP
YEP! I did it - Fell in Love at the first sight! She Need a lot of work , But Great Bones! I have been seeking info for a couple of weeks now - I am sure i will have lots of question ,And a lot to contribute along the way- Finding this site ... and all of the community here- I feel more
So when I found her~ She has had the engine removed by the second owner after being bought off the original owner after a 12 year rest in his yard- IDKY ...SMH - So she was taken to a better home and cleaned up and evaluated - Second owner steamed cleaned her and removed the motor- And Dis assembled.... I believe for - fear of water and Chipmunks - Well .. yep It was full of Acorns but no cracks or water damage- THEN HE SET FORTH TO FIND INFORMATION - He Found and ordered an Mercruiser Stern Drives 1964-91 Repair manual- Then Quickly realized He is not an Engine mechanic , and Feared way over his head- The Boat is in dry storage- the engine is out and it was taking up to much room-
I guess i was the second or third person to come look at her - All the engine parts and the out drive are laying on the floor and Organized , Bagged and Tagged with where it was removed from- Nicely Done-
So i started taking pictures and said i would need a couple days to decide and think over this "PROJECT" before i just jumped into it- So i did a couple quick searches - and FOUND NOTHING- So I had to go back to the boat. To get the Motor and Hull Identification Numbers, even the registration numbers to see if i could find any information-
I realized then that i didn't even know the model designation or size as per the manufactures specs-
LOL - So that is what lead me to find this Awesome SITE and CLUB - I Am happy to have Joined-

I realized right away... this wasn't a common...Boat- So i Dug into more- Wow I really like the quality of what i am seeing in the way the boat was built - so i am going to try to document this process/ Journey -
I have some good picture and documents i would like to share -I am going to add picture as well-

I also Said to myself - I want this in the water Next Year{2023} close to Ice Out At Winnipesaukee !
{25 Min up the Road} So She gets a Crate engine with EFI maybe more HP too - if this Engine rebuild isn't going well or taking to long-{More Than 2 months, My Winter project}I already see the 4 barrel carburetor is trashed -Left to soak in parts cleaner a Week- Base metal trashed - 15 minutes soak not 15 days.... OMG..
so I need to check if the Book i have{ prior owner bought} goes with this engine??

I have a lot of information to go thru - If anyone has any tips I would happy to hear them- Also - this is the first time i would be photo documenting this process- if anyone would like a picture or a better image of what i have apart or while the boat is open to access the motor bay - Feel free to get in touch with me -

Thank you for Reading and helping along the way !
Greg