The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   Just picked up a 1992 Mariah - model unknown (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/12093-just-picked-up-1992-mariah-model-unknown.html)

ColdFlame 07-18-2018 06:03 PM

Just picked up a 1992 Mariah - model unknown

5 Attachment(s)
Help identifying the model would be appreciated. I actually purchased it from a friend whom bought it at a repossession company. It's in really good shape for its age, and runs like a top. I'm excited to pick it up and get it down to our lake. The motor is a 5.7L Mercruiser.

Attached are a few photos, including the HIN.

Any and all help will be immensely appreciated. Though she's not cosmetically perfect, she was obviously very loved and well-taken care of. There are a few small plastic trim pieces that will need to be replaced if I can find replacements, and once I take possession of the boat I'll be able to take inventory of those items and hopefully find a source via this forum. I'm looking forward to being part of the community!

mikeyt 07-19-2018 12:09 AM

Re: Just picked up a 1992 Mariah - model unknown

'92 Shabah 198

Trim pieces etc are nearly impossible to find unless someone is breaking their boat and selling parts. Check the Parts for Sale section.

ColdFlame 07-19-2018 02:15 AM

Thanks MikeyT! That will be extremely helpful! I actually thought it was a bit bigger than a 19'8" - closer to a 21'-22'. But that's ok. It runs like a dream and cuts through waves much better than most newer boats.

Understood about the trim pieces. Trim was probably not the right word, I recall a few plastic brackets being broken - maybe something on the windows? I can't recall. I'll be picking it up this weekend and will be able to take stock then.

BTW, I meant to say I am currently living near Calgary, Alberta Canada, but will be relocating soon to the Kootenay Lake area of BC. I've heard such wonderful things about the lake and all of the beautiful spots that are accessible only via boat that I'm excited to start exploring!

Thanks again!

mikeyt 07-19-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFlame (Post 64899)
Thanks MikeyT! That will be extremely helpful! I actually thought it was a bit bigger than a 19'8" - closer to a 21'-22'. But that's ok. It runs like a dream and cuts through waves much better than most newer boats.

Understood about the trim pieces. Trim was probably not the right word, I recall a few plastic brackets being broken - maybe something on the windows? I can't recall. I'll be picking it up this weekend and will be able to take stock then.

BTW, I meant to say I am currently living near Calgary, Alberta Canada, but will be relocating soon to the Kootenay Lake area of BC. I've heard such wonderful things about the lake and all of the beautiful spots that are accessible only via boat that I'm excited to start exploring!

Thanks again!

You may be right. It may very well be the Shabah 212 as they were identical boats but just one was longer than the other. Its hard to determine length just from the photo. They were the first of the newer mid 90's design style Mariah

ColdFlame 07-20-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 64903)
You may be right. It may very well be the Shabah 212 as they were identical boats but just one was longer than the other. Its hard to determine length just from the photo. They were the first of the newer mid 90's design style Mariah

Awesome - thanks MikeyT! That definitely makes more sense and is likely the model. I'll put a tape to it when I have it home, but I'm certain it would be the larger of the two models.