The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/)
-   -   new member with '93 diablo? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/introductions/11811-new-member-93-diablo.html)

steve220s 10-11-2017 01:41 PM

new member with '93 diablo?

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys and gals,

Proud owner of a 1993 Mariah outboard which I assume is a diablo from my limited research thus far, woohoo! Oh, btw this is my first boat! Look forward to using it at my cottage north of Kingston, ON.

Maybe someone can provide a confirmation of model using the HIN? It's MAB03486A393
Bought it on Thanksgiving Monday and only 20km after start of trip the trailer had a tire blowout. All tire shops were closed so I had to have it towed back to city I bought it in. I'm 4.5 hours away from it now and it sucks... I still haven't enjoyed it other than a quick test ride with seller (during a torrential downpour at that).

Looks forward to using the boat and am glad there's a good resource of information on here as I'm sure I'll probably need it. As is often the case, this thread would be useless without pics, so here goes...

MariahMan 10-28-2017 04:19 PM

Re: new member with '93 diablo?

Welcome, Steve!

pllevine 10-31-2017 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve220s (Post 64050)
Hey guys and gals,

Proud owner of a 1993 Mariah outboard which I assume is a diablo from my limited research thus far, woohoo! Oh, btw this is my first boat! Look forward to using it at my cottage north of Kingston, ON.

Maybe someone can provide a confirmation of model using the HIN? It's MAB03486A393

Bought it on Thanksgiving Monday and only 20km after start of trip the trailer had a tire blowout. All tire shops were closed so I had to have it towed back to city I bought it in. I'm 4.5 hours away from it now and it sucks... I still haven't enjoyed it other than a quick test ride with seller (during a torrential downpour at that).

Looks forward to using the boat and am glad there's a good resource of information on here as I'm sure I'll probably need it. As is often the case, this thread would be useless without pics, so here goes...

Dry rotted tire.... must've been sitting uncovered for a bit.... or just old. Same thing happened to me when I brought my current boat home. Had to stop along the way at Walmart to replace a blown dry rotted tire..
Good luck with your new (to you) boat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve220s 11-03-2017 05:57 PM

Should have thoroughly checked the tires before purchase was finalized, live and learn. Tires were manufactured in the year 2000 (so definitely too old), and worse even was the fact they were passenger tires, not trailer tires.
Took the boat out a couple weekends ago so at least I got to enjoy it before the winter!

pllevine 11-22-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve220s (Post 64088)
Should have thoroughly checked the tires before purchase was finalized, live and learn. Tires were manufactured in the year 2000 (so definitely too old), and worse even was the fact they were passenger tires, not trailer tires.

Took the boat out a couple weekends ago so at least I got to enjoy it before the winter!

Difference between trailer tires and passenger tires is that trailer tires have a stronger sidewall.

phdeds 11-27-2017 07:36 PM

Welcome Steve,

I have the identical boat but run a 90 Mariner. The outboard is more rare so congrats on the find. It is a great first boat. I have mine on Lake Winnebago, WI which is a shallow lake making the outboard ideal. We use t for skiing, tubing and running about. The boat is very smooth, gets up on plane quickly and is a pleasure to ride. I will be interested to hear how yours runs with the bigger motor. You may notice that there is an extra steering linkage. I assume Mariah purchased one steering unit to adapt to the stern drive and the OB. Your hull ID is similar to mine.

Enjoy

Dennis

MarioCush 12-11-2017 08:55 AM

Hello, Steve! Welcome aboard!