Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

"Real" Mariahs....

Introductions

Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #1

westport01 is currently offline
My Year: 2001
My Model: z 245
My Engine: 5.7 alpha
Gallery Images: 0

Send westport01:
a Private Message

Default "Real" Mariahs....

I work for a dry storage marina located in central NC (Think Charlotte area). We were one of the original Mariah dealers long ago when they started. We stuck with Mariah until the company was sold to "Sea/Crap"/Renken bros. whatever that was that ruined the boats.
From time to time I still have an original Mariah that comes up for sale, some times I'm selling the boat sometimes one of my customers is. Regardless we are a good source of freshwater dry stored Mariahs from time to time.
We did however liquidate our obsolete parts inventory years ago to a wholesaler. If you are looking for obsolete Mariah parts I could point you in the right direction.
This year we sold a 91 21' that had been inside since new. One 96 z-255 and one 97 Z-255.

Currently have a 2001 z245 Shabah deck boat that just came in.
Any interest or need any Mariah pointers just message me.

Thanks
Jamie DSC00152.JPG

DSC00167.JPG
Thank you westport01 for this useful post!
99 Mariah 258 (08-25-2015)
  • Old 08-25-2015, 02:28 AM   #2

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Default Re: "Real" Mariahs....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by westport01 View Post
    We were one of the original Mariah dealers long ago when they started. We stuck with Mariah until the company was sold to "Sea/Crap"/Renken bros. whatever that was that ruined the boats.

Any interest or need any Mariah pointers just message me.

Thanks
    Jamie
    Nothing like a little blatant advertising and taking the opportunity to offend many of the members on this site with your comments about the Sea-Fox version at the same time is there....
    Old 08-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #3

Send westport01:
    a Private Message

Didn't mean to offend.. I assumed everyone knew that a post 02 Mariah is a far cry from an original Mariah. huge difference in quality. To my point when my Marina received its first SX 21 Mariah from the new owners/manufacturers we promptly sent it back.
    For the sake of transparency I fully disclosed I work for a Marina, we sell a few boats but it is not our primary focus. I just thought some members would appreciate the source of nice dry stored Mariah's.

That's all I meant, sorry you were offended.

Jamie
    Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #4

pllevine is currently offline
    My Year: 1998
    My Model: 202 Shabah
    My Engine: 5.0L Alpha

Send pllevine:
    a Private Message

A Seafox is not a Mariah and a Mariah is not a Seafox.... I thought that was common knowledge.....
    That you're not partial to Seafox is your opinion and shouldn't offend anyone.
    I own a 1998 Mariah and I can tell you that it is how the boat is cared for post-sale that counts. My boat was never covered and it ruined the interior by sun-damage and the bowrider section has soft spots under the floor. And this was quality components? I am sure they were on the showroom floor. Why didn't the original owner cover it or service it? Who knows.....
    Old 08-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #5

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

I agree that the build quality of the original Mariah was superior to the Mariah boats built by Sea-Fox but my point was that a large percentage of the members here own those ''Sea Crap" boats (no, i'm not one of them) you referred to and many of them thoroughly enjoy their boats and feel they got good value for the $$ they spent. Those members don't deserve to have their boats referred to as 'crap' by others on this site.

Now, if you were talking about Bayliners I wouldn't have a problem with your comments....
    Old 08-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #6

Send westport01:
    a Private Message

Don't be so sensitive. I said Sea Crap, here I'll say it again..Sea .... Crap. What do you want to call them Sea Fix?
    It is an undisputed fact the the Renken family manufacturers cheap boats...period. From Galaxy of old, Renken, Sea Fix etc.....Oh Mariah.....yep they bought it in late 01, some of the molds and the name. Bayliner for all it's faults is at least a consistently cheap boat. And you can get some parts for them if you have a decent dealer.
    To be fair I have been around boats most of my life, most pleasure boats are cheaply made at the expense of boater safety and long term build quality.
    To paint everyone with the same brush...
    There are Cobalts, early Mariahs and any post 2004 Regal product. Everything else is cheap crap as far as mass produced boats. There, I called just about every mass produced boat "cheap". and crap.
    Same engines, same switches, same fittings...yawn. If you want to see quality look at a Contender just for an example. See how a boat should be made.
    And BTW I own a Sea-Fox Center console, have it in the rental fleet. We constantly reattach parts to it. Then again I have a Carolina Skiff, talk about your cheap crap.
    See equal opportunity hater of cheap crap.
    My point in this diatribe is that I know what manufacturers make on a boat at the wholesale level (40% in a good year). They could spend some money actually laying up boats properly, wiring them intelligently and including accessories such as bilge pumps that actually work, pump large amounts of water and can be easily serviced.
    Nope but that would cost money / time/ profits.....

Name a brand and I'll call it cheap crap. Especially if Brunswick Marine made it.....Boston Whaler Puuuuhhhllleeezzzeee!

Not having a bad day, I just don't get distracted by the bells and whistles on a boat.
    Old 08-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #7

ShabahZ280 is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: Z280 MCC
    My Engine: 7.4L MPI Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 1564

Send ShabahZ280:
    a Private Message

OK. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and that's cool. However, let's keep it somewhat respectful, as we have many members on here who own and enjoy their Sea Fox Mariah boats. While it's a proven fact that Sea Fox didn't produce boats up to the original Mariah Boats Inc. standards, they're still part of the Mariah brand, and this site caters to both the original MBI boats, and the Sea Fox Mariahs. So let's keep try and keep things more friendly, rather than a bashing session. We all have our opinions, but at the end of the day, we're all Mariah owners here to help out other Mariah owners, regardless of the manufacturer. Sea Fox sold their Mariah assets to a Canadian manufacturer, so who knows what the next generation Mariah will be...

Westport01, feel free to post any of the Mariahs your marina has in the Mariahs For Sale forum, you'll likely get better responses there, it's one of the most frequently visited places on the forum, from both members, and guests.
    -Formerly known as ShabahZ250
    -USCG Licensed 50 Ton Near Coastal Master Captain with Towing Certification
    Old 08-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #8

Send westport01:
    a Private Message

Shabah Z250... you are correct. Didn't mean to sound snarky there. I really thought this site was for original Mariah's though. I did post that message to clearly communicate that I am a dealer and I work for a Marina. Its actually not a bad thing to have a member that knows the ins and outs of the business from parts availability to construction quality and known problems with specific boats. it's all good stuff.
    I will post a boat for sale from time to time. just wanted to let people know that I get some nice stuff from time to time. It's not a crime to be a boat dealer last I heard. At the end of the day it's just a living. I make people happy, if I can't I'm not interested in doing the deal.
    Anybody needs any specific Mariah help just leave me a message.

Jamie

Ummm a couple (4?) Bayliners
    01 Mariah 245 Jubilee
    Countless used pontoons
    A few cruisers, one big 34 PC Formula and I'm sure I have an old lien auction boat or a repo laying around.
    USCG 100 ton (12 mile/inland) Master with commercial towing and radar endorsement...and a licensed NCWRC /NCDMV boat and trailer dealer.