The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Interior Replacement Questions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/9147-interior-replacement-questions.html)

ghostryder 03-31-2014 05:14 AM

Interior Replacement Questions

We just bought a 91 Mariah 2000Z that has the interior taken apart as the old owner was working on replacing stringers and floors...

We are trying to find out how to remount the side upholstered pads...Does anyone know how to put those back on when we come to that point? We see screw holes on the plastic still attached to the hull, but nothing on the pieces themselves...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We also have to replace all the stringers as they were all removed...any suggestions as to what material to use for these? Wood type, fiberglass mat, resin, etc???

Thank you!

mikeyt 03-31-2014 01:15 PM

Re: Interior Replacement Questions

There are a few threads here started by members who have gone thru that process that you might want to read first....

Link Here

Link here

Link here

ColoradoDiablo 03-31-2014 11:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As for the panels.........
The panels themselves have maybe 1 1/2" dia holes in them every foot maybe.
The screw holes you are seeing in the hull are for mounting the brackets. They are kind of a flattened "S" style piece of aluminum about 1 1/2" across x maybe 1/4" thick.
Something like below(sorry , kind of hard to describe)
Second pic is the back side of the panel so you can see the holes that the brackets fit into.

Hope that helps explain it a little.
If not I can get you pics Friday of my setup that is factory other than using King Starboard for the panel backs. :)

mikeyt 04-01-2014 12:32 AM

See if these drawings help you understand how the panels fit....

ghostryder 04-02-2014 04:57 AM

Thanks for all the helpful info! You have even answered questions I haven't made it to you. Anyone know the best material for replacing stringers and floors (resin, fiberglass mat, wood, etc.)We want to keep it as light weight as possible and also last a long time. Also, we have a large flash piece that has the Mariah logo on that we can't figure out for sure where it goes... any ideas on this? Is about the same size as the lay down pad...

ColoradoDiablo 04-02-2014 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bottom of sundeck(lay down pad).:wink_thumbup:
Pic thanks to unknown MOC member from "Gallery":yes_grin:

RPaiva 02-06-2022 01:29 AM

I have a 2000 Mariah 252 Shabah and want to remove the driver's side panel to repair a vinyl tear. I can see where are screws into the fiberglass behind the cap - However there seems to be no access to the screw head where the upholstery is. How do I access the screw heads to remove the panel if the vinyl appears to be covering the access? Or am I missing something?

Please advise,
Robert Paiva

mikeyt 02-06-2022 03:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The screw heads should be covered by small 'buttons' in the vinyl. Pop the buttons off for access. The panel should lift straight up once the screws are removed as per this illustration

RPaiva 02-06-2022 03:57 AM

Thanks - will try that tomorrow!

Rweist 04-11-2022 02:45 PM

Hi,does anyone know where I can get seat cover upholstery for my Mariah Talari Z215 mainly the back seats