The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Bow Navigation lights (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/8362-bow-navigation-lights.html)

Zasmith 06-25-2013 01:22 AM

Bow Navigation lights

Hello all,

New to the forum. I have a 99 Mariah 202 Shabah. I am having a little trouble with the bow navigation lights not working. The rear light is working fine, just not the front. Has anyone had this problem? This might have been previously covered in another post. So I am sorry if I am asking what has already been answered. Is there a fuse that controls the front only? Or will I have to possibly rewire?

Thanks,
Zach

rajjneef 06-25-2013 01:26 AM

Re: Bow Navigation lights

First things first... Are you sure you are throwing the switch the proper direction for running lights vs just the stern light?

Zasmith 06-25-2013 01:32 AM

Okay know this might be dumb just due to the fact I cant remember which way is which. Turn the switch left, I have zero lights. Turn it right I have only stern light.

rajjneef 06-25-2013 01:47 AM

Assuming your switch is set up like mine... Turning counter clockwise turns full running lights on. Clockwise turns on the stern light.

Zasmith 06-25-2013 02:36 AM

Thanks rajjneef, so I went out and was working on it again. Counterclock wise gives me no power. The switch light doesnt even come on. Clockwise gives me stern light with, switch light. I climbed underneath the dash and checked all fuses. None are blown that I can tell. I am guessing that my issue is probably in the connector terminals on the switch. Going to try to fit my hand in there tomorrow to see if it is a loose connection. Too dark to try to see tonight.

ShabahZ280 06-25-2013 03:07 AM

Let's start with the simple things first...

Did you check the bulb?

If you unscrew the top of the housing, you should have access to the festoon bulb. Take a look at it and make sure it's not burned out.

Your gauge lights should come on when switching on your Nav Lights. Are they coming on at all?

Zasmith 06-25-2013 03:27 AM

All bulbs are brand new. Replaced them today. I get the gauge light when I turn switch clockwise. The stern/anchor light works. However, when I turn counter clockwise I get no gauge light, navigation lights, or stern/anchor light.

rajjneef 06-25-2013 04:01 AM

And keep in mind we know the stern light works. With the switch going counterclockwise the stern should still light if it were not the switch. The switch would be suspect at this point. My switch lights when its counter clockwise as well.

Dozer 06-25-2013 04:46 AM

Bow Navigation lights

Sounds like the switch for sure.

Zasmith 06-25-2013 04:49 AM

Thanks guys, I am starting to think the switch is what is hitch in my getup.

I am going to try to get it out tomorrow and test it.

Hope its just rust or a loose connection.