The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Aqua-Buff vs. 3M (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/8069-aqua-buff-vs-3m.html)

blockp 05-10-2013 01:18 PM

Re: Aqua-Buff vs. 3M

Dang, where was that when I was looking a month ago?! That's exactly what I was looking for, but could only find the small containers of 1000.

Motoxxx43 05-10-2013 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo (Post 43861)
What do ya think about the "Presto" stuff Moto?
I keep hearing it's great. Give some first hand review.........please?

Here is the stuff I've used. I have not used other higher quality stuff before to compare it to but I can say it smells good! Haha! The shine lasted from July to sept before needing to be touched up after multiple washings.
The compound I used the first time and the polish an wax since. Just use the correct pads. I had to order them online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ColoradoDiablo 05-10-2013 05:57 PM

Interesting. Were on line did you get it? I might give it a try next season.

Motoxxx43 05-10-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo (Post 43892)
Interesting. Were on line did you get it? I might give it a try next season.

DnS Paint here in Pueblo. I was amazed they had it. I don't know if you remember the post I put up about waxing and buffing but the guy who did that write up used that stuff. He was a professional and seemed to favor it. I think I spent right around 100$ on the 3 items plus a buff pad.
I recall needing to use a squirt bottle with the compound. It liked to be moistened. Forgot to mention that earlier.

Motoxxx43 05-11-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Aqua-Buff vs. 3M Marine Restorer and Wax

I have a question about waxes in general. How is everyone waxing the textured walking areas? Wax builds up an is a pain. Is there a trick I'm missing out on?

csterner 05-11-2013 03:28 PM

I usually do a real light coat if any on the non skid areas. One time I did a thick coat and not only was it a pain but it was way too slippery and dangerous. So I usually don't do those areas like the outer hull. But when I do, I use a cotton rag and scrub it by hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blenderbill 05-15-2013 04:15 PM

Thank you for the pictures. Mine are below. That's what I thought about the snaps. I really don't want to replace them all. It would be a mess. Just need to make do with what we have I guess.

I will just hold my wife by her ankles to put the cover on.

Bill

jetinspector 06-30-2013 03:38 PM

I am using the Meguiars fiberglass restoration kit and it is working great. It is an oxidazation remover, high gloss polish, and a wax. For something with UV protection I am finishing it up with Mirror Glaze 21 paint sealant. 21 is the best paint protectant/sealant I have ever used, it is tougher and it lasts much longer then any wax. I will post some before and after pictures when I get back out there.

94z190talari 09-22-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 43847)
I'm thinkin' that we just drop our boats off at your place.....and pick 'em up when you're done. :rolling_laugh:

+1 :rolling_laugh:

Oregondunes 09-23-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxxx43 (Post 43899)
I have a question about waxes in general. How is everyone waxing the textured walking areas? Wax builds up an is a pain. Is there a trick I'm missing out on?

Clean is extra good, then Turtle spray wax