The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Radio Speakers (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/922-radio-speakers.html)

Douglas Alderman 04-02-2008 01:52 PM

Radio Speakers

The radio I have bought came without speakers. But, says it uses 52 watts peak power x 4. Does this mean I need speakers that will handle the load of all 4 speakers. Like 300 watt speakers?

indykoch 04-02-2008 02:30 PM

No. The "52 watts peak power X 4" only means it peaks at 52 watts per channel (aka speaker). Hook up 4 good quality, marine rated speakers rated at more than 52 watts peak (almost all are) and you should be very happy.

jdecoudres 12-30-2009 07:01 PM

Re: Radio Speakers

I have a question not good with radio's. I have a clarion m475 cd in my boat with the factory speakers (2008 sx20) and i put a monster tower and twp pair of the polk double barrel speakers and a amp not sure how big of amp just told them to put a amp in it when they installed this? Anyways my question is will my radio handle 2 10's and im looking at investing in a wired remote to mount near the driver since my radio in the glove box is a pain to get too. IS this a good investment didnt want to spend the $80-$100 for a wired remote if my radio is junk. Thanks a lot guys for your help

jeffro788 12-31-2009 02:43 PM

you should be fine to run 2 10's since you will have to run an amp, just be sure of how many outputs you have on your radio (those are the red and white plugs on the back). If the ones that you have are in use you can split off of them. Also, the wired remote may be the way to go so you don't have to worry about losing it, but you will have to drill a hole in your boat, the wireless ones are good to, it is pretty much preference.

jdecoudres 12-31-2009 03:34 PM

thanks alot! So I should have enough power for everything i listed. What u mean split off and what are they used for. SOrry im a dumby when it comes to audio lol

jeffro788 12-31-2009 05:40 PM

By splitting off I meant the red and white cables, these just provide a signal (music) to the amp, and the amp makes it more powerful and sends it to the speakers. You can buy RCA cable splitters (red and white cables=RCA cables) to run multiple amps if needed, but your radio should have a sufficient number of outputs for your subs.
If you are running speakers of the radio, without an amp, you really don't want to put more than one speaker to each set of wires out of the back (there should be a green, purple, white, and gray set), those should go to one speaker each. If you run more than one you change the Ohm load, and not trying to get to technical but you cause the radio to over power itself and can start melting fuses and internals b/c it will get hot. I learned it the hard way with car stereo.

jdecoudres 12-31-2009 05:48 PM

K thanks so much guys? So really the 10's im going to install and the polk speakers i have on my tower is the only one's i want my amp to push is that correct?

jdecoudres 01-24-2010 03:18 AM

My amp size is 350 watts so would i want my amp to push every speaker in my boat or is it better not to and only certain speakers?