The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Boat barn ideas/questions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/9179-boat-barn-ideas-questions.html)

Motoxxx43 04-12-2014 03:16 AM

Boat barn ideas/questions

I had been in pursuit if getting a pole barn for about three years now. During that time I've looked at barn ideas and considered things I would like to have. As it is I've got the barn on order. I'm doing a 30x40 with 12' walls and a 10' tall x 14' or 16' wide garage door. It will have a walk in door and a few windows as well. Things I have planned for so far are pouring the floors, electric, and installing the wood burning stove I acquired years back on a trade.
One of my family members is the general contractor and he does a lot of these projects. Its pretty common for people to insulate them. The most common method people are doing here is "spray foam". I've seen it many times. It works awesome. It looks... like an old meat locker (My opinion). In my region of Colorado we get over 100° and under -10° plus its super dusty here. I think I'm going to splurge for it. Pretty pricy stuff from what I'm finding.
Anyone have any products they recommend or companies in Southern Colorado?

So far the DIY kits appear to be pretty close in price to what the pros ball parked me. At the speed the DIY kits sprays it may be worth the pro doing it. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure seeing as I have been a painter for over 12 years. Spraying is nothing new to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jarwiebe 04-12-2014 09:27 PM

Re: Boat barn ideas/questions

If I were you and the budget allowed it, I would design it so that if I ever wanted to park an RV inside it would work without major modifications.

gahooligan 04-13-2014 03:13 AM

I'd let the pro do it if the cost is about the same. Think of how much time you will save letting them do it. Time you can use on a different part of the project. When I built my sound studio I did everything but hang and finish the drywall. Its not that I couldn't do it, it's that it was worth me paying the extra to have them do it. They got it done in less than a week, it would have taken me over a month in my free time. The way I saw it, the extra expense was well worth it.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Motoxxx43 04-13-2014 03:24 AM

After watching the YouTube of the pros they can have it! It would only save a few hundred dollars from what I have figured. Spraying twelve foot walls with the slow DIY kit would be tedious to say the least.
As for putting in an RV... I considered that. More like a toy hauler. I have an area cleared 15' x40' along one side I can extend to at a later date if I need a car port or taller section of garage.

Motoxxx43 06-19-2014 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5532
FINALLY!!! Got my 30x40 barn up day before yesterday. I had Rocky Mountain Pole Barns do the job. I had the pad cut three days before delivery of barn materials. After everything was delivered the crew showed up the next morning at 5:30AM. I'm amazed at the amount of work these 5 guys got done by 4:00PM. They were done in on long day of work!! They did a solid job too. 10x16 garage door tomorrow and concrete later this month. Time to keep the Mariah indoors from now on!

gahooligan 06-19-2014 03:44 AM

Sweet!!!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

ColoradoDiablo 06-19-2014 01:51 PM

Just think of all the new toys you can put in that bad boy!:yes_grin:

ipgregory 06-21-2014 04:11 PM

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk