The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   $1.40 /L for fuel this summer??! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/848-1-40-l-fuel-summer.html)

180diablo 03-13-2008 01:24 PM

$1.40 /L for fuel this summer??!

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_20325.aspx

I was going to post this the other day, but I have been kinda busy at work here...hehe. So now that I had a free moment I thought I would post this.

I think they said the same thing last year around this time and it went up and down again, but we didnt see that high price of gas. I think it was after Hurricane katrina that it went up.

Blame the americans for their struggling dollar ... :rolling_laugh:

il_Mio 03-13-2008 06:52 PM

Not that bad at all.... here in Belgium we now pay $2.31 / Liter

I wish I could buy it at $1.4 / Liter.....

mikeyt 03-13-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il_Mio (Post 4670)
Not that bad at all.... here in Belgium we now pay $2.31 / Liter

I wish I could buy it at $1.4 / Liter.....

My better half just came back from Ghent and said the gas prices were high over in Belgie but i think people put far more miles on their vehicles here in North America than in Europe. You can survive there without a vehicle (unless of course you have a boat to pull) with the excellent transit systems and relative small size of European countries. Over here you absolutely need a vehicle or two just to get anywhere......

il_Mio 03-13-2008 09:06 PM

Hi Mike,

you're absolutely right, if you don't pay attention in Belgium, you pass it and you end up in another country ....

lol

Z 202 03-13-2008 09:20 PM

Hmmm. So reserves in the US are at an all time high, and so is the price.

Kinda throws a wrench into that whole supply/demand thing... :confused:

Well the boat, (or the Jeep) won't run without it, so I'll continue to buy. Damn the costs, you can't take it with you anyway... :)

180diablo 03-17-2008 03:52 PM

Well if gas does in fact get to about 1.40 / litre ... I guess it means it might cost me around $400 for the summer vs about $250 like last summer.

:rolling_laugh:

My boat might be slow, but I guess its decent on fuel.

dudders 03-24-2008 07:15 PM

We too are paying over $1.40 ltr here. We are fortunate with our V6 using very little fuel compared to some of the big V8's. I tend to spend more money on fuel for my car towing to the launching ramp (slipway).
Nothing we can do about, but as Z202 said "you cant take it with you". I'm spending my kids inheritance now - before they realize :yes_grin:

Z 202 03-24-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudders (Post 4895)
We too are paying over $1.40 ltr here. We are fortunate with our V6 using very little fuel compared to some of the big V8's. I tend to spend more money on fuel for my car towing to the launching ramp (slipway).
Nothing we can do about, but as Z202 said "you cant take it with you". I'm spending my kids inheritance now - before they realize :yes_grin:

My dad always said he was spending our inheiritance...:worry_to_laugh:

When his estate was settled I bought the Mariah.

He would have approved... :wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 03-24-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudders (Post 4895)

yeah.....but with your 'endless summer' vs our 10 mos of the year filled with snow, you end up spending more than those owners with the big V8's. :rolling_laugh:

dudders 03-24-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 4906)
yeah.....but with your 'endless summer' vs our 10 mos of the year filled with snow

So when are you moving down here? Your wife can still commute to Europe :) If you want you could live near the mountains to "feel" at home in winter. Apparently it snows over east in the hills occasionally over the one month winter period :eek_animated: :rolling_laugh: :eek_animated: