The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   4 more months .... (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/630-4-more-months.html)

180diablo 01-24-2008 03:14 PM

4 more months ....

..... Till boating season starts up here ... :wink_thumbup: well ... approximately.

I know perch fishing season starts up in late April or early May and the fisher dudes are out on the water. But usually it's around May 2-4 (Victoria Day long weekend up here) that the boats are getting spring prepped and plunked in the water. Cottages are usually opened up again, winter clean up gets under way and the summer of boating slowly starts to wake up again.

If its nice in April we usually try and make it up north to check out any damage / flooding and take some photos as well.

The first weekend in June was my first weekend on the water last season.

mikeyt 01-24-2008 05:08 PM

We may head up to our family cottage near Pointe Au Baril for the Victoria Day weekend but then we dont usually go up again until July. The black flies are usually horrendous up there in June and have been known to carry off small moose. :shakehead:

180diablo 01-24-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 3403)
We may head up to our family cottage near Pointe Au Baril for the Victoria Day weekend but then we dont usually go up again until July. The black flies are usually horrendous up there in June and have been known to carry off small moose. :shakehead:

Yeah the mosquitos were horrible in May/June last year. Couldn't even get a fire started in the evening because you had a mosquito on the finger you were using to squish another one of them. We gave up and went inside instead...lol.

I like to forward think things..... only when its comes to boating and vacations that is. :wink_thumbup:

Plus I was bored @ work here and well the forums were quiet and I wanted to ramble.

Z 202 01-24-2008 07:58 PM

There are no bugs at my cottage. It's the big secret of the Bruce Peninsula... :yes_grin:

May 2-4 for me also. And yeah it's getting bad. Last year my throttle hand didn't start to twitch until late March/ early April. This year it could be any day now... :rolling_laugh:

180diablo 01-24-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 3407)
There are no bugs at my cottage. It's the big secret of the Bruce Peninsula... :yes_grin:

May 2-4 for me also. And yeah it's getting bad. Last year my throttle hand didn't start to twitch until late March/ early April. This year it could be any day now... :rolling_laugh:

Right now the way things are going with R/C Car racing saturdays in Newmarket, work in general, bowling sundays .... I don't really have time to think about the boat! LOL.

I'am looking forward to it,... but I don't think my throttle hand is that itchy yet. Wait till we go up to the cottage the first few times and start going over to the marina to clean up the boat..... ;)