The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Ice storm (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/546-ice-storm.html)

boxcar 12-15-2007 11:27 PM

Ice storm

Well, the past 7 days have been an ordeal. We had a monster ice storm hit Oklahoma and we have been without electricity and water (on water well) since last Sunday night. The power came back on today around 4 o'clock. We have stayed at our house although it has been quite cold. It has not been above 35 all week. That is a tough spell for Oklahoma!!!!! We are fortunate in that we have a woodburning stove and plenty of wood.

And for the important part, the boat is unharmed in it's winter nesting place!!!!!!!

mikeyt 12-16-2007 02:25 AM

I heard about the ice storm. I have a brother who lives in OKC who was telling me he had to go out and buy a generator on Thursday cuz the power was still off. Sounded kinda nasty down there. :(

We're supposed to get hit with the big snow storm starting late tonight / early tomorrow that's been coming up thru the US. Nov-Dec have been just ****ty up here.

Z 202 12-16-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 2802)
I heard about the ice storm. I have a brother who lives in OKC who was telling me he had to go out and buy a generator on Thursday cuz the power was still off. Sounded kinda nasty down there. :(

We're supposed to get hit with the big snow storm starting late tonight / early tomorrow that's been coming up thru the US. Nov-Dec have been just ****ty up here.

I'm sure there's a stockpile of generators in Quebec that could've been sent down there. :) Good to hear the worst appears to be over. These days power is like good health, you don't realize how important it is until you lose it...

We're getting buried right now. The forcast says we could potentially see 40 cm of snow by later today. Good thing all my neighbours have snowblowers!

This has been one the the coldest and snowiest Decembers in recent memory. So much for all that global warming hype... :rolleyes:

xr6st 12-17-2007 09:33 AM

sorry to hear about those storm over there
but i thought i just let you know what our weather is like here at the moment:rolling_laugh:

Wednesday Mostly fine Max 27deg:wink_thumbup:
Thursday Mostly fine Max 28deg:wink_thumbup:
Friday Fine Max 28deg:wink_thumbup:

hope it get better for ya:rolling_laugh:

boxcar 12-17-2007 03:39 PM

Ice storm

The power is back on for mostly everyone now. There appears to be about a hundred thousand still in the dark around the eastern part of Oklahoma. We are back up to about 50 degrees today and appears to be about that for the rest of the week....

I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe We'll bundle up and go motorcycle riding today?????????????

WetWilly 12-19-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xr6st (Post 2812)
sorry to hear about those storm over there
but i thought i just let you know what our weather is like here at the moment:rolling_laugh:

Wednesday Mostly fine Max 27deg:wink_thumbup:
Thursday Mostly fine Max 28deg:wink_thumbup:
Friday Fine Max 28deg:wink_thumbup:

hope it get better for ya:rolling_laugh:

Hi xr6st,

You really know how to "rub" it in....

Sorry but we folk up north here are still using the "F" scale so correct me if I am wrong but I believe it goes like this:

Wednesday Mostly fine Max 80.6 deg (F):wink_thumbup:
Thursday Mostly fine Max 82.4 deg (F):wink_thumbup:
Friday Fine Max 82.4 deg (F):wink_thumbup:

Oh poop, it looked better the other way!! Now I’m really jealous!!!

Oh well, enjoy it for the rest of us!

Hey boxcar, glad to hear the power's comming back.

As for the ride, go for it! 50 degrees and if you got clear skies, makes a perfect combo, just make sure to get the tires warm if your going to do any curve carving.....

Remember, you can always tell a happy biker by the bugs on his teeth. :D
WetWilly

xr6st 12-19-2007 09:48 AM

so sorry for rubing this in but the news just told us today it going to be 32deg tomorrow:yes_grin: and it going to great on the weekend too so the boat will be coming out:wink_thumbup: but can you find a way so once the snow melt send it down to aussie land as we are in a drought:mad: but then again we dont want your yellow snow:worry_to_laugh:

xr6st 12-19-2007 09:52 AM

oop sorry it going to be 89.6deg f

mikeyt 12-19-2007 12:57 PM

i hope your little island melts.... :yes_grin:

xr6st 12-20-2007 08:11 AM

hey it not my fault you live where the sun dont shine:rolling_laugh: