The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   5000 Members (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/5316-5000-members.html)

mikeyt 04-02-2011 05:02 PM

5000 Members

Has anyone else noticed that we are closing in on 5000 members? Not bad! :wink_thumbup:

IowaWing 04-02-2011 09:19 PM

Re: 5000 Members

I attribute that large number to you having signed up under 3500 different names. :yes_grin:

Dredd 04-02-2011 11:04 PM

lol, yup that must have taken a lot of time. Good work! :)

Really though, less than 4 years and nearly 5000 members. Pretty interesting numbers to think about.
Everyone can agree the originals are rare, yet a good majority of members are owners of originals. I always find it interesting when someone joins that's owned an original for a while but just hasn't previously stumbled across the site.
Chris - Do you have total production numbers? Or, year-by-year would be really cool to see.

Thanks for pointing out the near milestone, Mikey.

mikeyt 04-03-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaWing (Post 28173)
I attribute that large number to you having signed up under 3500 different names. :yes_grin:

:rolling_laugh:

MariahMan 04-03-2011 07:22 PM

I knew something was strange Steve! That explains our phenomenal growth :)

It certainly is amazing to see almost 5000 members have joined and utilize this site as the number 1 Mariah resource. What really gets me is when someone posts up asking for feedback on the original Mariah line because they find this site while googling for info on their potential purchase. It's really cool to see that person come back and let us know he/she went ahead and purchased the boat after seeing the responses, materials and support this site has to offer. It gives me great pleasure to know that we are all working to keep the Mariah name and Jimmy's dream alive :yes_grin:

Thank you all, especially our moderators, who have worked hard to make this site into what it is. Chris and I did the initial leg work, but it really would not be what it is without this community of members.

Our major goals for the upcoming year 5 of the club are to really work on increasing the "active member" numbers as well as deploying further resources for every Mariah owner. Yes, we have almost 5000 members, but as of today, only about 250 active members. To clarify, active is defined as number of members that have visited in the last two weeks, and it is a rolling two weeks. It's a more realistic indication of club activity than the total members number. We have already made significant investments and upgrades to the backend and infrastructure of the site to handle further growth that we expect for this upcoming summer. We are working on some cool ideas for contests, prizes, project how-to's, articles, and newsletters to keep the site a busy and bustling community of Mariah members, eager to help each other.

As always, we welcome feedback on how we're doing and ideas to make this club even better! Here's to 5000 members and to 5000 more :wink_thumbup:

P.S. If you haven't already done it, get pinned on our Member Map!

Kitto 04-03-2011 10:26 PM

Greetings,
I have been on a few other sites similar in nature (autos, motorcycles) and the beauty of this site is the immediate assistance of members and moderators. Not only is the help there quickly it is professional and spot on. It is difficult to convey sincerity over the internet, however, I always feel that members and moderators are genuinely concerned and eager to find a solution to a problem. Many thanks to members and especially those whom have created the venue to make this all happen. Yeah 5,000!

Sincerely
Craig

Dredd 04-05-2011 02:17 PM

Wow, only 6 more to go!

il_Mio 04-05-2011 05:19 PM

Congratulations !

To celebrate I just renewed my Platinum contribution for life ( Although I hope I will live longer than another 28 years ;-)

Cheers,

Johan

Zackattack 04-05-2011 10:21 PM

Only 2 to go!!!! Almost there!!!

Phlorida 04-06-2011 12:54 PM

Congratulations - 5001 as of this morning. A great idea that was well executed - you all should be proud of yourselves.