The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Out of action for a while (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/2951-out-action-while.html)

dudders 07-12-2009 08:11 PM

Out of action for a while

6 Attachment(s)
Bad news for me the other day. While I was away at work, the managing director of domestic affairs (wife) called and said, a neighbours tree had come down in a storm and fallen across my sons car and onto the boat shed and boat!
It looked bad in the photos, the insurance company sent some tree loppers around to clear the mess. My sons car isnt too badly damaged, but I am waiting on more word from the wife about the damage to the boat. For sure the port windscreen needs replacing (gonna be a while getting one from the States to Australia I'm guessing). I dont know about gelcoat damage, but a mate tells me there was a lot of weight sitting on the boat and is concerned about stress on the lower hull.
Heres some pics. Watch this space for further updates.
Thank goodness its winter here.

depman160 07-13-2009 12:20 AM

Re: Out of action for a while

Wow! Good luck! Hope everything goes well for you!

SEMIJim 07-13-2009 03:30 AM

Wow, Tony, sorry to see that :(. Hope you can get her fixed up soon.

Jim

mashymariah 07-13-2009 10:45 AM

Hope all isnt as bad as first thought. Worst part for you is not being able to be there first hand. Chin up mate

WetWilly 07-14-2009 11:01 AM

Hey tony, I'm with depman160 and SEMIJim, hope all goes well for your SX18.

WetWilly

ShabahZ280 07-23-2009 02:35 PM

Yikes Tony, that's a scary situation, best of luck with everything, and keep us updated! :wink_thumbup:

dudders 10-20-2009 04:31 PM

You are not going to believe it, but after all this time waiting for our boat to come back from the repairers, it looks like we will get it back next week.
As you can see, the boat has been at the repairers since early July, now late October (I'm guessing 27th or 28th) and she will be home, thats nearly 4 months!!
The repairs to the gel coat are fantastic, I couldnt find them even with my glasses on, that was done within 2 weeks of it being sent to the repairers.
Again SeaFox has come to the party and gone further than you would normally expect, thankyou so much Stewart Mitchell, you are great.
The reason for the incredibly lengthy delay has been due to the Sydney Dealer for Mariah mucking the Perth repairers around for months on end. Why? I have no bloody idea, but personally I think in these economic times, you need to excel in service or you are out of business fast. Why you would deliberately want to stuff people around has got me baffled.
Oh well, alls well now, and we know from now on, if we have a problem and need help or parts, its directly to USA that we are going in future. And let this be a lesson to any of the other Aussie owners here.
:) Tony

WetWilly 10-20-2009 09:17 PM

Hi Tony, that's great news indeed :wink_thumbup:

Guess you'll be testing them new repairs pretty soon, eh ;) let us know how she runs!

WetWilly

mikeyt 10-20-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudders (Post 18940)
You are not going to believe it, but after all this time waiting for our boat to come back from the repairers, it looks like we will get it back next week.
As you can see, the boat has been at the repairers since early July, now late October (I'm guessing 27th or 28th) and she will be home, thats nearly 4 months!!
The repairs to the gel coat are fantastic, I couldnt find them even with my glasses on, that was done within 2 weeks of it being sent to the repairers.
Again SeaFox has come to the party and gone further than you would normally expect, thankyou so much Stewart Mitchell, you are great.
The reason for the incredibly lengthy delay has been due to the Sydney Dealer for Mariah mucking the Perth repairers around for months on end. Why? I have no bloody idea, but personally I think in these economic times, you need to excel in service or you are out of business fast. Why you would deliberately want to stuff people around has got me baffled.
Oh well, alls well now, and we know from now on, if we have a problem and need help or parts, its directly to USA that we are going in future. And let this be a lesson to any of the other Aussie owners here.
:) Tony

Congrats Tony! Glad to see you're (almost) back on the water and just in time for the warm weather down there. As for us Canucks....most of our boats have been put to sleep for the winter already. :(

dudders 10-22-2009 07:55 PM

Thanks Willy / Mike, SeaFox were kind enough to send me the DHL con number so I'm tracking its progress, its going around the world - got more frequent flyer points than I have!!
South Carolina, Cinncinnati, Hong Kong, Singapore then ?? hopefully Perth. But who cares its heading my way. Cant wait, its like xmas coming early.
Cheers.