The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   New seat for my son (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/247-new-seat-my-son.html)

215Talari 08-24-2007 09:07 PM

New seat for my son

4 Attachment(s)
I know it's not boating or Mariah related, but the lucky sucker has a better seat than I do now!

ShabahZ280 08-24-2007 10:59 PM

Now that's riding in style! Recaro makes awesome seats. :)

mikeyt 08-25-2007 02:39 AM

If they made 'em big enough i might consider getting rid of my driver's seat :D

moondance100 08-25-2007 12:39 PM

That boy will be spoiled! When he gets out of that thing and sits in a regular car or truck seat, he's gonna think...."man, these seats suck!"

180diablo 08-25-2007 01:58 PM

Does it match the exterior or interior of your boat ?? ;) (hehe just kidding!)

Nice looking seat tho. They have to have them now-a-days or you face some steep fines. Nothing like what we all went through when we were kiddies.

Z 202 08-25-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 180diablo (Post 875)
Nothing like what we all went through when we were kiddies.

Yeah, like lying down in the back window of my parents car as we travelled. :eek:

215Talari 08-25-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 180diablo (Post 875)
Does it match the exterior or interior of your boat ?? ;) (hehe just kidding!)

Nice looking seat tho. They have to have them now-a-days or you face some steep fines. Nothing like what we all went through when we were kiddies.

Not the boat, but it does match the interior of my QX56! I got a second one for my wife to match the interior of her A6. It's the only way I could convince her that we needed a Recaro baby seat instead of the standard issue Britax that she was eyeing up.

KSP181 08-25-2007 06:34 PM

215Talari, congrats on the new seat. As a law enforcement professional, I have had training on the correct methods of installing child seats. I know it seems silly but over 90% of people install child seats incorrectly in their vehicle. By incorrectly installing the seat or child in the seat can cause serious injury to the child even in a 35 mph collision. It is not the parents fault because most car seat manuals don't give good details. Most law enforcement agencies have a certified person to inspect child safety seats and we are happy to provide this service. If you would like, I can give you some basic information for your application but I would need details on how the seat is installed (forward or rear-faceing), and how the seat is secured to the vehicle.

Again congrats. I have three kids and there is nothing better.

MariahShabah3.0 08-26-2007 01:46 AM

Does it come witha helmet? Nice seat!!!

215Talari 08-26-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSP181 (Post 890)
215Talari, congrats on the new seat. As a law enforcement professional, I have had training on the correct methods of installing child seats. I know it seems silly but over 90% of people install child seats incorrectly in their vehicle. By incorrectly installing the seat or child in the seat can cause serious injury to the child even in a 35 mph collision. It is not the parents fault because most car seat manuals don't give good details. Most law enforcement agencies have a certified person to inspect child safety seats and we are happy to provide this service. If you would like, I can give you some basic information for your application but I would need details on how the seat is installed (forward or rear-faceing), and how the seat is secured to the vehicle.

Again congrats. I have three kids and there is nothing better.

Thanks Vic!

It's rear facing right now since my son is only 7 months old, and I am using the LATCH system that is installed in the car. Pretty straight forward installation and the seat actually came with really well thought out instructions (yes, I can admit, I read the directions) :)

Any advice is always appreciated so by all means, fire away!

Cheers,

Ryan