The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Happy 1 day Canada Day weekend! (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/1364-happy-1-day-canada-day-weekend.html)

180diablo 06-30-2008 09:10 PM

Happy 1 day Canada Day weekend!

weeeeeeeeeee

Nothing like a one day long weekend on a Tuesday. Looks like our american buddies to the south lucked out w/ the days of the week..ROFL!

Anyways, my gf and I will be taking advantage of the awesome weather tomorrow and going out on the boat! Then, this coming weekend we have friends and their 2 kiddies (5 and7 yrs old?) coming up to enjoy the weekend as well!

So whatever you canucks on here have planned ... make the best of your holiday! Have a safe one as well!
:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 07-02-2008 04:08 AM

I took Friday and Monday off for a 5 day weekend!

aquaknot 07-02-2008 12:40 PM

Had a great day on the water yesterday. Locks were busy, ice cream was good, beer was better. Looking forward to boating the Trent for the next three weeks.

180diablo 07-02-2008 01:03 PM

OMG ! There was a LOT of boat traffic yesterday. It was like the 401 @ 5pm...LOL! Lots of nice boats to look at and their owners to wave too. However, no Mariahs were spotted. :(

When my gf and I headed out yesterday around 3pm, there was a fishing derby that was just finishing up. So what do all those bass boat guys do, they clog up the fricking mouth of the river while they wait for either gas or an opening in the ramp to pull their boats out. Yeah that is good, there were about say 20 odd boats in the mouth of a navigational channel. Who's bright idea was it for all of them to camp out there and troll while waiting to get out? :punch_out:

So I let my gf navigate out of the river into the lake and she did great. I was leaning over the bow to watch the sandbar to our starboard side. Either you stick to port and rub up against a bass boat, or the sandbar. Plus there were other boaters coming upstream as well.

Ok, rant over. We spent about 2hours in the afternoon (just before dinner) cruising up to Lock #43 and back to my cottage. We tracked the distance from Lock #43 to our Cottage to be around 17-20km approx.

Can't wait for the weekend!:D

Z 202 07-03-2008 02:53 PM

Hope everyone had a good 1st.

We've been at the cottage since last Friday, and continuing through to Sunday.

We've had some good boating, water temp is mighty chilly still though. Very typical for July on a northern body of water 15,000 square km and average depth of 80 to 100m.

The shores of Huron are very swimmable. I'm considering taking the boat over to the "shallow" side for some warm water fun. The water level is up about a foot over last year which is nice to see.

Diablo180 07-09-2008 02:42 AM

yeah aside from those infernal derby doods navigating the channel would have been a breeze...

Im surprised that nobody said anything to them to move the heck out of the way cause I would have LOVED to have seen two cruisers pass each other right at that point..