The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Boating 101 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/)
-   -   New to Boating (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/5281-new-boating.html)

sanukc 03-27-2011 05:41 AM

New to Boating

Hi all!

We are new to boating. Been on others' boats just a handful of times, but the bug has bitten big and we finally took the leap and got us a 94 205 Davanti with a 4.3L Volvo. She is beautiful (I just spent the last couple of days FSR-ing and waxing her.

Now to find someone in the Everett/Stanwood (WA) area who can show me how to actually put her in the water and to learn to ropes. Like I said, complete novice here, other than book learning and getting the boating license.

I am sure I will have some questions for you guys as the days go along.

Zackattack 03-27-2011 03:08 PM

Re: New to Boating

There's not too many of us here in Western Wa, but I am south of you about 3 hours. If you want to trailer down this way for a day trip I may be able to help a bit, we have a nice assortment of lakes in the area. Otherwise, I would focus on learning as much as possible about all the mishaps others have had at the boat launch.

Search the forum and you will find some very enlightening and critical info on what to do and more importantly what not to.

Welcome aboard!

Zackattack 03-28-2011 03:43 AM

Do you have some pictures to share?

sanukc 03-30-2011 12:44 AM

Zack,
I hope to have pictures of the boat in the next few weeks. All the pictures I have are with the cover on. I will take pictures hopefully in the coming weeks that I will post.

Firth's Impression 03-30-2011 02:28 AM

sanukc, I think you will quickly find that the boating community is full of very friendly and helpfull people. It is always in the best interest of boaters to have other boaters on the water/at the launch that know what they are doing. For this reason, you'll find that most all boaters will be helpful with answering your questions and helping you out. Go to your local launch and watch some of the fellow boaters (Mariah owners or not) launch and load their boat. Feel free to ask questions and I'm sure you'd even find somebody that would love to assist you in launching/loading your Mariah. Take your time to learn and remember, slow like a pro.

sanukc 04-05-2011 02:14 AM

Guys,
Attached are some pics of my Davanti.
SKC

Attachment 2914

Attachment 2915

Attachment 2916

sanukc 04-05-2011 07:32 PM

Another pic.
Attachment 2920

Firth's Impression 04-06-2011 12:38 AM

Lovely boat. You'll definitely enjoy!

Z 202 04-10-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firth's Impression (Post 28105)
...Take your time to learn and remember, slow like a pro.

Sage advice there. I think everytime I've done something stoopid at the launch ramp, I was in a hurry... :shakehead: