The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Boating 101 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/)
-   -   bimini top (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/5270-bimini-top.html)

Cory 03-24-2011 03:06 AM

bimini top

Hey guys just wandering if anyone had some suggestions for my bimini top, do not like the way it just lays on the sun deck of my 2001 z212 shabah when not in use. I've seen the ones that are still standing when folded up, is that and option?

Dredd 03-24-2011 08:40 PM

Re: bimini top

1 Attachment(s)
It just depends how it mounts. Mine attaches to the deck in 3 places. My front mounts unpin and the back two stay in place.
Also, you need a boot to wrap around it to keep it from flapping and getting tattered.

Cory 03-24-2011 08:55 PM

I have the wrap, and mine pins in the middle. I have straps that clip in place in both front and back. Is there any way to make mine like yours with the support bars in the back? Your set up is much better...

rajjneef 03-24-2011 09:20 PM

Cory you can get the support poles anywhere that sells Biminis. Here is a link to Overtons.

Overton'sŪ > Bimini Top Rear Brace Assembly Aluminum Tubing w/Nylon Fittings - Boating & Marine > Bimini Tops T-Tops & Shades > Bimini Top Hardware & Accessories : Boat Bimini Tops, Pontoon Bimini Tops, Shades, T-Tops, & Hardware | Shop online

Dredd 03-24-2011 11:39 PM

Good help, rajjneef.
Fwiw, mine just has pins on the back mounts as well so it can easily be laid flat. So, the only screws are on the center mounts. Those screws have shoulders on them where the frame pivots. Unfortunately mine lays right on my sink faucet so it doesn't help for trailering but it's nice in case I need the overhead clearance for storage. My mooring cover and full cover are both made to go around it when it's up which is also nice but they do let a little water in if the rain's coming down in the wrong direction.

Conversely, I've wondered how much leaving it up affects fuel mileage on long tows. Where's the Myth Busters when you need 'em? :) If we trailer it the 2300 miles to Powell, that we're considering, next season I think the bimini might be in my garage.

Cory 03-25-2011 06:20 AM

I can't thank you enough for you information. HUGE HELP!!!!

Kitto 03-25-2011 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a similar set up, however I have two different pole lengths. I use the longer pulls when were out on the water and before I trailer it I use the shorter poles so there isn't the drag. I tend to get a lot of sway with the longer pulls in rough water, so if we're just cruising I use the shorter poles as well. Unfortunately, I no longer have the bimini you see in the pictures. You see I left the bimini up with the long poles and backed into my garage and it crumpled the poles (nice work, eh?):mad:. I replaced it last summer through Overtunes and matched the color to my black bow and cockpit covers. It looks nice. [ATTACH]Attachment 2894[/ATTACH]

Craig

Dredd 03-26-2011 02:20 PM

Nice, Kitto. I guess I'm going to be looking for some short poles.

bigkenmays 04-01-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd (Post 27953)
It just depends how it mounts. Mine attaches to the deck in 3 places. My front mounts unpin and the back two stay in place.
Also, you need a boot to wrap around it to keep it from flapping and getting tattered.

What does yours look like when it is open?

Cory 04-01-2011 01:35 PM

I will try to post some pics with the top up later.