The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Boating 101 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/)
-   -   New Stereo updates (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/5169-new-stereo-updates.html)

Oregondunes 02-08-2011 04:47 AM

New Stereo updates

Well, spent some time this past weekend finishing up the electrical projects I had for this winter on the Z302.

Me and family wanted some rockin tunes in the boat so I installed the IP500 Fusion head unit, tethered to a pair of JL Audio Marine 6 channel 600watt amps (drivers) and a JL Audio 4 channel 800 watt amp (subs). I installed a pair of Kicker 12" subs in the kick panel beneath the rear bench seat. I then replaced the (4) 5.25" speakers in the main cockpit with Polk Audio db521 2 ways and added an additional pair of 6.5" Polk Audio db651 just in front of both front seats on each side. I replaced the two speaks in the open bow with a pair of 6.5 Polk Audio db651 as well. Then on the rear swim platform I mounted a pair of JL Audio 6.5" MX650 facing rearward for the kids while tubing, surfing or just plain floating while were anchored in the sun.

Then down below in the mid cabin I replaced that head unit with a Kenwood KVT-512 7 inch DVD Player with an ipod cable and replaced the 4 speaks with 6.5" Polks and a JL Audio 4 channel 400watt amp.

I already installed, but finished wiring the pro-charge and 6000watt inverter. I now have enough 115v power to run just about anything youd want to bring on the boat (including the frig and micro in the mid cabin) and a blender (I havent found the right size yet).

Got a couple of interior lights to replace and it should be all tiddy'd up for a while.

Next up is gelcoat repair (next week), graphics, interior, rugs and covers.

Thank gawd I have 4 batteries on board, I think I might need em (and a Perko switch to isolate one to get home on).

Zackattack 02-08-2011 02:38 PM

Re: New Stereo updates

All I can say is WOW! Nice updates. I was curious about the subs in the rear seat kickplate. Could you send a couple pictures of that inside and out? I was wanting to do the same, but I am concearned about what to do on the inside for protection, I think I will build a box maybe since this is also used for storage. Right now the dual sub box is just in the storage area near the engine, and I think it would be better to have where you stated.

Hats off.

Phlorida 02-08-2011 05:36 PM

OD -

Just wondering because I am looking at Fusion at the moment.... Your head unit is capable of driving three independent zones, did you put a remote up in the bow or are you driving those speakers at the same volume as the rears?

Oregondunes 02-08-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlorida (Post 27392)
OD -

Just wondering because I am looking at Fusion at the moment.... Your head unit is capable of driving three independent zones, did you put a remote up in the bow or are you driving those speakers at the same volume as the rears?

it actually can control 4 zones. Im running zone 1 & 2 (linked) in the main cockpit each driving a sub as well., zone 3 up in the open bow and zone 4 running the swim step pair. I didnt run a wired remote (though I can at any time in the future), so i will control the volume from the head unit for now.

I didnt do anything yet for protection of the subs, but plan on a cover panel to keep things from being dropped or stored in there with the subs, as well as spash protection from wet suits.

I have another IP500 if you are interested. I was going to use to in the mid cuddy, but the wife and kids wanted a TV down there.

Ill get some pics here in the next week and post em up.

Boatcrazy 02-09-2011 12:58 AM

Sounds sweet....................getting ready to put a fire under my project and get the ball rolling again.