The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Boating 101 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/)
-   -   See if You Can Top These 2 Dumb Rookie Mistakes (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/3386-see-if-you-can-top-these-2-dumb-rookie-mistakes.html)

Dredd 02-25-2010 07:44 PM

Re: See if You Can Top These 2 Dumb Rookie Mistakes

OK, I can't resist:

Boat Wheelie - YouTube

It was a lot better video before they added the text that's in the way now. Still cool though.

dlowings 02-25-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd (Post 20522)
OK, I can't resist:

Boat Wheelie - YouTube

It was a lot better video before they added the text that's in the way now. Still cool though.

That was classic .... :rolling_laugh: :rolling_laugh: :rolling_laugh:

WetWilly 02-26-2010 08:33 AM

I remember this a ways back before the text too, but it's still fun to watch!

Lets see, about 16 years ago I think is was a 24' dayrunner with a BB Chevy on the lake try this. He stood his straight up and we think he either cavitated the prop or stalled the motor because it stopped moving and went straight down like a bad rocket launch (butt down) and swamped... funniest thing we ever saw out there! :D

Brian 02-28-2010 11:43 AM

These are all great stories, i will try to add to their humor. On our second launch after buying the boat we/I though we were prepared to launch. I backed the trailer with Mariah on it down the gentle launch ramp as my family had the mouring lines. Applied the brakes but the boat didnt float, i went in a little further but still no launch. I heard my daughter say the boat was going towards the dock and thought i was successful and got out of the truck to check and see if everyone was ok but noticed not only was the boat going towards the dock but so was the trailer. Here i never released the two rear tie downs from the transom to the trailer.
Lessons to look back on and laugh now but will never be forgotten or Lived down.
Brian:rolling_laugh:

Rdrdon 02-28-2010 04:27 PM

Actually I saw that happen twice last summer, it's an easy mistake. Same with the plug being left out, I think everybody knows someone who has done that.

Threejakes 06-03-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 20549)
These are all great stories, i will try to add to their humor. On our second launch after buying the boat we/I though we were prepared to launch. I backed the trailer with Mariah on it down the gentle launch ramp as my family had the mouring lines. Applied the brakes but the boat didnt float, i went in a little further but still no launch. I heard my daughter say the boat was going towards the dock and thought i was successful and got out of the truck to check and see if everyone was ok but noticed not only was the boat going towards the dock but so was the trailer. Here i never released the two rear tie downs from the transom to the trailer.
Lessons to look back on and laugh now but will never be forgotten or Lived down.
Brian:rolling_laugh:

Guilty!!!

wplaine 06-05-2010 01:17 AM

I hate to always end up here but.... Went to lower the boat on the lift at low tide to squish the mud down below it.... Didnt install the plug.... the stbd aft lift cable pulls out... now the boat with no plug is partialliy in the water with no plug and tide coming in... waded in waist deep to barely put plug in.... floated boat.... spent 3+ hours fixing the cable.... all is well... thank goodness for a 48 year old body that can take this punishment.... going out boating tomorrow!!!! :rolling_laugh:

pimpadelic 06-07-2010 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i saw this happen yesterday. ouch