The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Boating 101 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/)
-   -   Expensive first ride (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/2661-expensive-first-ride.html)

[email protected] 06-04-2009 02:10 PM

Expensive first ride

Hi,
We fueled our boat at a reputable gas station for our first ride of the season. When we launched it it took us about 40 feet and it stalled. We had to be towed to the marina. The gas filter was full of some white liquid, not gas and not water. We had to have the tank pumped out! Two replacement of the new air filter and new gas. That hurt since we just put it in the night before. The mechanic asked us if we had any enemies. We never had it analyzed, but I was wondering if when we winterized it, if they put chemicals in the wrong hole? They goofed up installing our toilet. We wanted to sell the boat at this point! Last year, same thing.. we got towed first ride and ran out of gas once because of the air hose.

The joys of boating!

We're going again on Saturday.

indykoch 06-04-2009 03:14 PM

Re: Expensive first ride

Wow! Sorry about your luck! For as many bad/expensive days you have - there will be many more great days. Yes, boats are terribly expensive. But I personally feel it's worth it!!!

ShabahZ280 06-04-2009 04:51 PM

Wow, that sucks to hear, hopefully you'll have better luck this time out. It always hurts the worst when it's your first run of the season, when you're so excited to get back on the water. Trust me, I know all about it... I'll be posting my experiences about this year's first ride shortly...

Oh, and BTW, if you get frustrated enough and start thinking about selling that Z308 again, you let me know! :)

[email protected] 06-10-2009 12:53 AM

Nice try Chris! Not so frustrated now that we took it out a few times. Can't wait for the winter to over. It's so cold on the water lately.

depman160 06-10-2009 07:49 PM

Took me three tries as well to launch my 2000Z.
First time, the trim wouldn't lower the outdrive, so the entire pump, selenoid and connections were taken apart, cleaned, fixed and checked.

Then, the second attempt a few days later, we come to find that the engine won't fire. It would turn over, but not fire up.
After checking the spark plug wires and replacing the coil, we found that it was a loose wire on the back of the kill switch on the dash.

Finally, on the third try, we got it in the water, lowered the outdrive, fired it up and took it straight to the gas dock because somehow the fuel tank was empty.

And being my first boat, I must say it was more than frustrating!

Things seem to be working ok since the day it went in, but we are still having issues.....which should be easy fixes.

[email protected] 06-10-2009 10:11 PM

I know what you mean, sometimes I think it is a $200 ride - always something to drain my money - if not time drain, we are replacing our water pump this week! It's worth it:).

depman160 06-12-2009 02:16 AM

yep! and now my blower up and quit on me, so that gets replaced next.

I think my boat is going to be named "Money Pit"

Expensive but oh so much fun when you're out on the water having a great day!